V-Maxx Ego Killer

My wife wanted to go for a drive so we jumped in her truck as I haven’t driven it in a while and wanted to make sure all was well. Well we’re driving for about 15 minutes when a blue 350z with temp tags flies up next to us at a red light. I figure he won’t run but give it a little gas of the green chirping the tires and he opens her up. He pulled about 1/2 car on me because I was just playing off the line. We run up to another red light…perfect! I stall up the truck in 4x4 to say 3700 rpm and pull 3 cars right off the line and hold the 350z to two cars to 100mph. :slight_smile: We ended up getting another red light and we both stop. He revs at me and just blows right though the light. My wife is now laughing her ass off. LoL Luckily he didn’t hit anything. I guess he was really trying to get the jump and win haha. Poor new 350 ego killed by a big ol truck.

Well behind us there was a vehicle keeping up in the distance, it was a GMC Denali truck. We catch a light I stall it up and pull 4 cars off the line and keep 3.5 on him to 100mph. His truck had at least a tune, low profile tires, lowered and exhaust on it being a 6.2L truck. We ran again from 15mph and we were pretty even.

I need some :tspry: :snky: so I can get some real races in.

That sounds epic! Anything done to the truck? I forget.

Its a 2008 V-Max GMC. 6.0L L92 heads, 3700 rpm stall, FLT stage 5 built auto, 3.73 gears front and rear.

lol… good kill.

bad asssss. i wish my truck had some balls

That would have been a sight to see. haha

Awesome that a giant, heavy truck can beat a light little car. :tup:

I’ll grab a video of an awd 3700 rpm launch. Its pretty fun, my wife says its like a roller roaster lol.

bump now with video

i just kept watching the fuel gauge

I just filled it last night. 12.7 gallons of 93 used in 112 miles LoL!! <9 MPG:trogdor:

9 MPG? Jesus, what a stupid vehicle

at least the gas money is going local businesses in your case

probably still a 15 second 1/4 truck? so the Z would win anything 60+ probably.

still, a nice kill - the guy probably went home and was checking his 710 and tire pressure to see how he lost.

I still think it’s odd that your wife wanted to go for a drive and out of all the fast cars you have you get into a 15 second pickup.

They feel faster.

We were not going for a fast drive lol. Trucks best before the exhaust and tune was a 14.6 at 94 with a 3000+ da. :slight_smile: I might have her out at the track this weekend to see if I can put down a new beast.

Good kill. I’ve seen a lot of 350z’s and G35’s run mid 16’s at the track with poor driving. Sounds like you found one of them. :tup:

His 1/8 mile times are on with what my 98 cobra did when I would run high 13’s in the 1/4 so I’d say this thing would keep up with a 350z with a good driver. My car only had 3mph on him at the end of the 1/8.

I really think people aren’t giving this truck much credit for how hard it launches. It seems to get to 80 pretty well. Of coarse it doesn’t do wheelies like his TA either.

Bump!

Got a little crazy with the pastidip.

Now running on 18" Titan wheels painted black. Trucks best time is a 13.8 at 98 on stock 20’s with regular old street tires. Been thinking about tossing on a 100 shot and hunting down 12s but I won’t lol.

Leveled with a ported ls2 90mm tb now as well. Trying to decided if I want to spend money on long tubes… She has 33,000 miles anyone want to buy it? LoL

When u wanna line em up

Nyspeed: slowly turning into a truck forum

:wink: