Silverado=350z?

So I’m sitting at a miscellaneous red light in Elma. I’m looking at this gorgeous 350z, its black and its a convertible. The guys revving his engine for a launch and I’m kinda getting pumped up myself. I notice the guys got a radar detector so I figured I’d join the fun.

The 5.3 liter Vortech likes in the 3000 up RPM range and thats where it really screams. So I did i brake stand haha.

The 350z started off the light with tires squeeling. In between shifts the tires would chirp. You should have saw the guys face when he looked in his rear view mirror seeing me on his ass at 99mph(speed limiter) in my silverado. Too bad thats where the fun stopped haha the guy rocketed in front of me doing and unknown triple digit.

I was surprised my truck had that much balls,
but the 350z is a friggen amazing car!

And thats my story.

:tup:

my friend has a silverado with the 5300, moves pretty nicely but never nicely enough to where it would roll with a 350z… he did run i think a 10.9 at lancaster

I’m not surpriesed. :tup:

torque wins races.

lol. :tup:

I always used to joke last summer that my Sierra 2500 with the 8.1 was faster that my mustang even while towing a large trailer…actually it wasnt funny cuz it was true, sadly.

Drove my fathers silverado yesterday and was impressed with the acceleration.

Those trucks have ridiculous gearing IIRC. Way to have the balls to go for it though!

BTW:

The truck is a 2k8, short bed 2 wheel drive LT.

Its pretty quick, but the gas mileage makes me cringe.

No thanksss

what do you mean?! those things should be getting around 20mpg if your cruising. people tell me all the time they get 21-22 hwy and hell i get 18mpg with my 06 that goes up and down hills whenever i drive it, if you wail on it though the economy goes out the window.

good story and props for driving a silverado :slight_smile:

On the highway it gets decent, your right on, around 20.

Thats because it turns into 4 cylinder mode.

But I’m used to driving a 1.8l Turbo and i get like 33 regularly so i think the gas is kinda shitty.

But compared to other trucks, its kick ass!