Ran a 350z

Ran a silver coupe 6spd 350Z earlier today. I’d get next to him, then once the road opened up a lot, he threw me a rev, so I gave him the nod, and let him have the hop. From a roll in 2nd, I put countless lengths on him. We got to the light… and we both went off… I let off at the top of third, and couldn’t count the distance between the two of us.

Pretty cool guy, flashed me his headlights, gave a honk, a wave, and then turned off.

They sound like shit at WOT though.

I love the sound of the 350’s at low rpms when their going from a stop, but ive never heard them at WOT.

eh from WOT they sound terrible

:bigthumb: :hsdance:

never happenend

pic with a penny???

hard to do while youre drivin

It has been done before - not go get the pics

:bigthumb: Good kill…even though those 350’s are slow.

you do realize a 350z runs like 15s???

not quite a ‘kill story’

14.1’s stock…some people have been able to break into the 13’s stock though.either way, car wasnt designed to be a drag car.

watch out for the 2 350Zs from Xtreme motorsports. one is S/C and the other is twin turbo. they have a shit-load of money into them and they fly. i saw that twin turbo one in the pittsburgh thunder gallery. talked to both owners, they really r sweet cars.

They were at the car show i had, and there was a SC shelby cobra there too, nice fucking cars.

so do 1.8T GTi’s… but anything can be modified

yeah, best bet is to buy a stock bandwagon car then pick on cars with a smaller engine.

didn’t know that.

now a cobra is a bandwagon car? :rolleyes:

:blah: sounds like you get smoked all the time turbo girl :crying:

my cobra isnt stock
and typically most people purchase cars when they are stock, then they modify them.

Now I’m going to give you the benefit of the doubt, and assume you know absolutely nothing about Cobras. But simple mods like intake and exhaust, add massive amounts of hp (when in comparison to other vehicles).

You almost feel like you’re in a Pep Boys ad, when you hear about people gaining 40-50rwhp from just a Cold Air kit, and a Catback… But damn funny thing is, it’s true and dyno proven lol.

edit: reread my post… he instigated the race as well… I just finished it :slight_smile:

can i see some dyno sheets and pics of said intake and exhaust that adds 50rwp? cuz unless your exhaust is .75" thick i can’t see you gaining (lets say a 15% drivetrain loss) 58hp from those two mods…

most cobra gains report gains like this.

Stock dyno is roughly 365-375rwhp
With these two mods, most of them are putting down about 405-415rwhp.

Steel city, and Lou can chime in at any time to back this up