2003 Ported Blower Cobra vs 2002 Heads/Cam Z28

My brother, my friend with the Cobra, and I tried to get a cruise going today, but alot of people were busy and there was alot going on, so we ended up being the only ones out there (early in the year though, plenty of time for more cruises!).
We decided to line up the Z28 and the Cobra.

His car is a 2003 Cobra with bolt-ons (stock manifolds), ported blower, and drag radials. It made 498 rwhp and 480 rwtq in a Mustang Dyno. Absolutely beautiful car.

http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/uu330/ScreaminRedZ/IMG_1748.jpg

My Z28 is a 2002, M6, with Trickflow heads, cam, bolt-ons, and a Moser 12-bolt with 3.73’s. I just installed a FAST 90/90, but haven’t gotten it retuned yet. We knew I was down on power, so I opened my cutout, which was worth 10 rwhp and 14 rwtq last year, but with the new intake I have no idea.

http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/uu330/ScreaminRedZ/IMG_1714.jpg

PSM road in the Cobra and I was alone in my car. We both started in 1st gear and ended around 140 mph.

youtu.be/6_xHHZYR-Pc

It was a great run and I was suprised by how well I did. My friend said he spun a little on the hit, but that it wasn’t that bad. I really don’t know what my car is making right now for power, and I’ve never opened the cutout on the street before. The car did feel great this run.

We all had a blast despite it being a little chilly out. Thanks for watching, guys!

UPDATE
Sounds like the Cobra has knock in the motor now, probably rod knock. I’m sure that explains the outcome.

Your camaro is beating up on cars left and right. You must be smokins twin.

Nice run sounds good

nice cars, rolls out pretty good

Thanks guys, hoping to have many more races to come, win or lose!

Thanks man, it sounds good at WOT, but sounds like crap just driving around. I always drive it with the cutout closed and it sounds great like that IMO.

I was in torrington CT today. Wish i knew some people were hanging out!

camaro hammers, nice car/races

why is it drews car aint doin this ??? oh i know u wind your motor out

good looking camaro bud.

im thinkin a ltwon vs a lsx showdown from a diggums is needed lol

fixed!

LOL.

and fuck that cobra looks money. bbs RK plasmas it looks like.

drew, take some advice from my man screamin right here. CT guys are always fast haha

um what?

I havent needed to revv my car out yet because well, I havent needed to. I can take my car to 7k.

you guys are confused. We have completly different setups.

I have a cam/bolt ons and 4.11’s.

he has H/C/ fast 90 and 3,73’s. His car makes 30+rwhp more then mine on motor

498rwhp before or after he ported the blower?

anyways now that you fuckers got me going, nice runs screamin. Make sure you post this on svt! lol That cobra is clean and your car is SSickkk

u are sooooo easy to get goinggg lol

Nice run! Love the RK’s on the termi’s :thumbup

Really digging the wheels on the termi. BBS FTW

those arent BBS wheels…

they are FR500 replica’s. Very popular wheel on mustangs

http://www.oewheelsllc.com/Mustang-Replica-Wheels/By-Style/FR500/tc304390-3-1//page/1/checkForLanding/true