VR6>Silverado

Ok so today was my first successful kill in the GTI. Yay!!!
Story:

I was at a light waiting to get onto the roadXXX. I had been behind the silverado but I pulled up next to him. I wasn’t really planning on racing him. I figured he wouldn’t go for it. But, in the end, we both gunned it. We were neck in neck until i put it in 3rd and pulled ahead.:wave: Just in time to hit the brakes on the on ramp, I was at 60 and the car in front of me (forester) was at 30. We kinda went back in forth down XXX. I get off at the da exit the Silverado keeps going to the tolls. We were even at one point we both smiled. It was fun.

Just to let you know, you’re still waiting for your first kill in the GTI.

From one VW owner to another, beating a truck is not a kill…

If you were at 60 and had already shifted into 3rd, you’re not even starting to have fun! True kill or not, glad that you’re having fun. :slight_smile:

Read the guideline’s, no street names, as this is “fanatical” and truck kills arnt kills… come race the Del sol you should beat that unless I really am that much better…

Trucks go fast too, you know -.-

i call bs def not a v8 truck so im asuming you just beat a v6 paper weight not a truck

oh the hate in this thread.

why dont u go hike through the woods

I went for a hike with my brother and cousin once. (I was like 12, they were 16)
Then we got to the end of the path, and it hit a main road.
So we’re like.
Hum… Which way do we go?
LOL.

Omfg.
Most retarded thing I ever did really. We ended up walking for like an hour and a half or so, down this road until we reached the entrance of the campsite we were staying at.
When we got back, we were like whew, glad we went left and not right.
Otherwise we’d have never made it back, haha.
Our grandparents nearly killed us when they found out what we did, ROFL.
Ohh good times.

Why don’t YOU go take a hike? huhhh?
I know your post wasn’t meant at me, but I felt like rambling.
So there it is.

quite the ramble.

what was this thread about again?

I forget.
I think we were talking about how i > u

Ok so I get it. It wasn’t the best kill in the world. For me though it was a start. I think badnewsmini can vouch for that? For me it was fun because I’m new to it.

lol you guys are rough…especially considering the other “kill stories” that have been posted this winter :rofl:

ah god, i test drove this '02 z28 convertible with 33K, 6spd today

holy shit it sucked

i don’t even know why

It deserves it though…

Such hate, come on now. If I can post kill stories against garbage trucks I fail to see the big issue here it’s winter afterall.

FYI, no street names please.

EDIT: It needs more silly too!

Thx. I’ll remember the no street name next time. I’ll get a better kill. It was a beginning. I’m still not uberconfident with my manual capabilities. I need some practice and some teaching. It was fun though.

Seat time and pratice will give you more confidence. Im sure there are plenty ppl here that will race you.

Likewise come spring, and summer going to an actual racing even (Drag strip, auto-x, road course) can be invaluable. If anything though this thread has inspired me to make a long drawn out late night work post. :slight_smile: