Vacation V Pittsburgh PA

I have to say mad mex was very good there is one very close to where you are staying. I was there a few weeks ago as a matter of fact. Theey have some really good chicken wings and the chicken mole burrito was really good. Its definitely not typical mexican and not at all authentic but if you like tex mex it is your place. Primanti’s i can take it or leave it, its ok but its just not something i would plan a trip around.

is Philty McNastys still there? I used to love going for $1 drafts on fridays after class.

i am also taking the woman to pitt next month, in for more ideas

matt we got a hotel in Mars for $50 a night … like 10ish miles outside Pitt… got it off orbitz.com

dude are you fucking kidding me?? thats my home town… its nothing special but i never thought id EVER see that word again once i left PA

meh… youre looking around 20 outside of pittsburgh… i have friends that live in mars

cranberry is a nice area… A LOT of shopping… def check out mount washington, you get a nice view of the city:

let me know what youre planning and i can tell you all bout and where to go

up … so i checked out “pittspeed” and looked for some meets and such and nothing on there really …

anyone have ideas

here is what is going on

leaving buffalo at 3
will get there 6ish check into hotel
then off to cici’s pizza
around 8ish i will be in pitt.

Im gonna bump this up.

Taking the ladypal there tonight for a last minute trip.

Just going to spend the night and catch a Pirates game during the day. We need something to do afterwards though. Anybody have any other suggestions.

there’s some bars all around the stadium. Not sure if it’s still there, but there was a place right across the street called hi-tops that was pretty cool.

The ballpark is also not far from the strip district. Although Southside and station square are pretty close as well. Both are fun times.

Well, were going to the bars at night when we get in on Friday so after the game we will be looking more for dinner/shopping/adventures.

hmmm, for that, you may want to go to Station Square, or venture out to the waterfront.

edit - quick search, I didn’t find an actual website for it…i figured there would be one, but here’s what they have there

food, shopping, movies, etc

BINGO! Shes a fashion whore so im sure this is right up our alley. Thanks man.

I might be too late for this but…

meh. The Waterfront is too far if you’re just a visitor. And it’s surrounded by ghettoness.

You can do everything you need to do (within a few blocks) on Carson Street in the SouthSide.

Try the SouthSide Works. http://www.southsideworks.com/ if you want to shop.
It’s on the far end of Carson street. If you don’t feel like walking there’s plenty of Taxi’s or hop on 51C/51B bus, but you might have to get off around 18th Street. The Works is in the #20’s streets. A Hofbrauhaus beer/german food place just opened there. Thumbs up.

There’s Station Square which is neat I suppose, but nothing too exciting shopping wise there…unless you are specifically looking for a sock or cigar shop…but it’s set up in an old train station so it’s nice to look at, and right on the water.

After Station Square, hop across the Smithfield Street bridge that’s right there, take a left at the end and walk down to The Point (park). Revel in the skyline, see the stadiums from there, take a picture at the fountain.

Head back across the bridge, cross the road toward the trolley tunnel, and head right…there’s the Mon. Incline. $1.25 takes you to the top of Mt. Washington. There are several look-out points with amazing views. Shiloh Street has little restaurants and a great ice cream shop, or grab coffee at The Grande Brew.

i really hated the PA highway system, especially leaving pitt heading backtowards buffalo

yeah…taking the 290, to the 79, the the 90, going straight the whole time is a real bitch.

no silly…
we got off for gas, it said GAS NEXT EXIT! so we got off, but it made us go to the tollbooths, ok… so we pay, go thru, and it doesnt say where the fuck the gas station is! and it veers into like 5 different roads, wtf which one do you pic?

so we picked one and ended up going to pittsburgh, where there was no gas station directly off the thruway until we left the city, we saw a sign for mcdonalds to eat so we got off the exit (you can clearly see the big M sign from the thruway but we didnt :lol:) , it tells us to go right, so we are driving thru a valley for like 20min before we pull into some random park off of the thruway (kind of like how letchworth is) and pull a Uie and head towards the otherway, we dont see the mcdonalds until we get back on the thruway heading the otherway(i really think if i remember correctly they had the sign directly behind a hill)

there is my story hope you enjoy

I’m confused. PA doesn’t have tollbooths.

My sister went to school at Pitt and I went down a few times while she was there, really liked the city. We went shopping in Shady Grove which was cool as they have stores such as J Crew on this one street and not in a mall. Food, dear god, everywhere we wnet for food was amazing. Off the top of my head I remeber Dels, then the Church Brewery or something to that effect, and this one place for an AMAZING brunch that included a wicked Bloody Mary at 11am, so good, I think it was Max’s, maybe. Maybe it was just beacuse she was on either my dime or my parents dime everytime we went to visit but the food down there was pretty damn good. I really liked the different neighborhoods, Shady Side, IIRC was my favorite.

i saw that one of the places you wanted to go to was cici’s… ha ha what did you think of their “cardboard” pizza

pitt is a great time with enough more than enough fun stuff to do