Valve cover color.

Pictures?

flat black and gloss white or polished letters

I just sanded down mine and did it different colors.

if you ever need paint.
…i have too much… 12 cans of black between flat and gloss from walmart.
high temp white/black/blue/silver
5 cans of sandable primer
misc. Failvas florensent colors

I love my vavle cover now. Should have done it a while ago.

post yours

just look on my myspace. i gotta upload more pics of it in better light. plus the pics from myspace from 5 days ago are already outdated and a bunch of stiff looks different.

with accent myspaces are bloksed heres

what a gay guy you are…

here you go vot. My nothing speical VC : :slight_smile:

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/70/l_4ad6ac6d7fc04138b0969e4dbb6b44a8.jpg

you cant see it in the pic. But its 2 layers of high temp white. Then med 2 coats of blue on top and a light 2 coats around the bottom. Making it have a white metallic look to it.

i said “Accent” NOT “lisp”:lol
:hugya bastard

but that looks like it came out pretty smooth. is there clear over all that or is it just paint?

:hug

Just paint. I do alot of them for friends and what not in my sparetime. Im picking up B18b/c? …some honda crap. VC today. ill send a pic to your phone or something when its done. It would be alot cooler if air brush paint wouldnt burn off/flake.

is there a thermal clear to use to protect the paint/airbrushing?

idk, ive never tried airbrushing on a vc. heard it does crack quick.

I use paint and tape. and the occasional paint pen, which does not crack under heat.

I used high gloss thermal red paint on my mitsu’s valve cover. it was VERY shiny and no cracks. It took me a long time to prep it though, but it really paid off in the end.

i did mine in a flat textured black color for my KA24DE and the “NISSAN” in white with the engine info in red… later on i took a military lettering stencil to the front of the block and did “KA24DE” over the timing chain so it looked kinda choppy and "graffiti"ish.

textured black comes out great if you do more then just paint it black. Yours looks good!. ive seen alot of people buy the textured black. then a can of dark red to copy hondas crinkle red VC.

thanks. Yeah i love that effect. Mine didnt stay so textured though. But im not complaining. It came out almost like a satin black. Looked very cool and went well with my flat black and red color scheme on the S14. Too bad I never finished that car and sold it for a ticket to australia i never used. EPIC FAIL :banghead

wow. that is a epic fail.

what was the ticket for?

a girlie. an aussie asian with bewbz the size of yer head. Yeah… that shit crashed and burned. But it was cool while she was in the US

women = fail.

Now you know :slight_smile:

Also you broke a man code im sure…
Never let a girl get between you and your car.

i know i know its happened twice. But i figured id buy her cousin’s R32 GTR when i got there so i didnt see it as losing a car till she told me she was going out with some lebonese drug dealer kid behind my back. Either way she put the kid in prison and were friends again but i still miss my 240. I got a 300 now but i miss little toyish things like visible valve covers i can paint when im broke but wanna play wit my car. There’s no such thing as cheap fun for the Z. Oh well. Im deff not letting a girl get between me and this car.:Idiots

o wow :lol