Valve Cover/Header Removal

I am going to be taking off my valve cover to paint it and replacing my header on my 94 gsr motor. Anyone have any hints or advice before I do it this week??? Thanks

Spray the header bolts with pb blaster a day or so before you do it. Also remove the brackets under the motor and where the header bolts to the 2pipe…thing, lol. I had to grind mine off because they were rusted so bad.

yea, dont crack the header or bolts, it sucks. if u do crack the bolts, and you drill them out, i have a tap and die set u can use

dont forget to remove/unplug the o2 sensor.

of course…

does anyone know where I have to put the gasket sealer stuff on the valve cover gasket when im putting it back on??? I’m not sure exactly where… thanks

ya dont bother! if you are seriously asking how to take a valve cover off you shouldnt bother. you dont need gasket sealer on a valve cover, its just going to make a mess

mr gasket is not a sealer buy the oem gasket for the valve cover. those are the 2 easiest things someone can do and ur asking for help. there should be a law enforcement agency that stops stupid people from working on there cars

Don’t lose the bolts? :gotme:

You know how many times I have dropped the exhaust nuts into the engine compartment, to be lost forever in the abyss?

I use black or grey silicone on just a few corners of the gasket so it stays in the valve cover while putting it on.

^^^^^^^^^ good tip…i did that when i put the VC Gaskets on my dads 66 Ford…helped alot

Sometimes not everything is obvious, no shame in asking for advice from people who have done it b4… especially if you never have and you’re doing it yourself… and I was told I needed to put gasket sealer on so ease up

one time i dropped a spark plug into the space between the intake manifold and valve cover on my vr… never found it. i just bought a new spark plug

my best friend had a chevy C-10 with a 350 we worked on a few years ago. the wing nut for his air filter vibrated off and into the carbeurator. his engine didnt like it

aircraft remover to get all the old coating off the valve cover.