why wont it come off!!!

for some reason my damn valve cover just wont come off…ive removed all the bolts and still it just wont budge

More info would help, year, make, engine, etc…? Double check everything?

Please hold a moment while I put on my xray through the computer screen in to your garage glasses to figure out what car/year/motor you have.
(assuming that its not a 2000 eclipse)

nice edit :d

dead blow hammer lol

Airhammer it off then pour some NOS in there.
http://energyfanatics.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/nos_energy.jpg

no srsly. it is probably just stuck a little.

Soak it in penetrating oil, go have a beer or two, come back with a BFH and beer muscles and give her hell.

Because years of heating and cooling have turned the gasket into cement. Take off the skirt, put down your purse, and smack the thing until it comes off.

• Make absolutely sure all the bolts are out first.

Make sure all the bolts are off and tap it on all sides with a rubber mallet or something. Should come off without a problem.

did you get the bolts in the center of the valve cover? those sometimes are hidden by spark plug wires etc

Rubber mallet. Hit the corners in a sideways motion. Start light. Then get more pissed…but don’t complain if it cracks.

depending on what kind it is… if it has studs and nuts to hold it on and there is a gasket for the stud with a metal washer between it and the nut, the gasket will deform into the threads of the stud and you have to back it off like another nut.

Brian