Valve Train Noise

Ok so i got the car running good not no surgins or whatever. But I am noticing alot of Ticking from the upper part of the motor. Has anyone else had this problem? any and all help is appriciated

Drew

I’m not sure, but it could be your injectors. Using a screwdriver, touch different parts of the engine while holding your ear against the handle to pinpoint where exactly the noise is coming from. It might just do the trick!

yea i just got my ride started …sounds good …idles good. but when i rev it …theres a rattling noice coming from the front of the engine near the fan…any body know if this is a prob or not thx

I’ve had this problem… I did two things to remedy it.

#1 Took off valve cover and took off the upper chain guide.
#2 Took off old tensioner and replaced it with the beefed up OEM tensioner
#3 I tightened down my headshield on the exhaust side

Problem fixed. If yours is more extreme than mine in regards to the chain (#1 and #2 don’t work) then you may need to replace the chain.

Here is one thread I had earlier:
http://www.n-e-c-c.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9702

There is another one somewhere about the tapping specifically but I don’t think it was on this forum.

yea i was thinking it mite be the timing chain guide. i wil check it out today. hope its nothing major.

don’t rule out exhaust leak… they sound like ticking too alot of the time. to find exhaust leaks, use combustion chamber cleaner in your intake manifold and look for any smoke coming out of exhaust manifold, turbo, o2 housing, dp etc

did everything, there is too do, buddy came over and took a look and it was the fan that was not tighted and vibrating. stupid me lol

stupid exhaust leaks :finga: