Vegan diet?

What do you eat?

vs vegitarian, how diff is it?

where is newman

it more about what you don’t eat

eggs milk honey etc

its more about what you don’t eat

eggs milk honey etc

afaik, the rules of veganism and vegetarianism are pretty open to interpretation by the individual. obviously vegetarianism is not eating meat, but as a vegan in general you dont use any animal products, whether it be meat, leather, milk, eggs, etc.

but then again id love to eat hamburgers and steak all day long, so im probably not the best person to answer for you.

Well, I’m not a vegan. But from the vegans I do know, I get the impression that they don’t eat ANYTHING that has to do with animals, while vegetarians tend just not to eat meat (but they might still drink milk, eat fish, etc). I think they also don’t wear clothing from animals, really extreme stuff like that. If it was on an animal, then not for them. That’s the only difference. As far as variety of diet, it just comes down to how creative you are in the kitchen, and you really have to search and find substitutes for animal products.

I’ve seen a couple Vegan cookbooks on Amazon, and Wiki had a list of a few here, but it may not be easy to find a wide variety of stuff in everyday stores. You will probably want to find a specialty shop (which in NYC shouldn’t be too hard).

In my reality, they just eat homice. For breakfast, lunch and dinner.

vegetarian.

rick pretty much got it…

though i occaisionally eat honey… I also wear leather, but usually only if i got it second hand…

There are also “freegans” who are vegetarians that won’t consume dairy/etc unless it is going to waste (i.e. dumpster diving…)

so, what sorts of foods can vegans eat?

other than tofu, vegetables, fruit, and soy?

hrm, i’m looking at a diet to kinda cleanse the system. i don’t care about the “lifestyle”

you want to “cleanse” your system, fast for a week.

http://www.hps-online.com/nsectionfast.htm#information

Mmmm steak!

what “system” do you want to cleanse? a vegan diet isnt so much a “clean” diet.

not just diet itself.

take a laxative and drink water to cleanse?

sorry i had to

I have a friend that went completely organic in January. She even uses cane sugar to shower. It’s somewhat weird. Cold pressed oil, no microwave…

And fasts one day a week to “cleanse the system.” I’m not quite sure about this.

Try a low GI diet (Glycemic Index).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_foods_with_a_low_glycemic_index

I recently cycled back onto this diet and I feel alot better…more energetic,more focused,more stamina.

If anyone wants to lose weight and try a really really strange diet,do some research on ketogenic dieting.

keep eatting normal… just take a vitamin and drink a bunch of water.

would any of us be alive today if our ancestors didn’t live off the land or use animals to live?

i like the boca chicken patties. also, i’ve been eating a lot of hummus on wheat tortillas. there is like 10 kinds of hummus at this place called trader joes out here, it’s amazing. the whole store is dedicated to vegetarians/vegans. blue corn tortilla chips, soy ice cream, list goes on and on. i started eating organic fruit too.

vegan is redic…
vegetarian is understandable