taking the meatless plunge...

man i never thought i would say that…

let me just start this by saying, before everyone starts screaming to take away my man card, that i have eaten pretty much whatever i wanted for the last 27 years. i have had the best cuts of steak cooked by the best cook i have ever met (my dad, who owned a steak house in hamburg for 25 years, it was actually called “the steak house”, it is now murphys if youre familiar with the village of hamburg) and i have worked at one of the best sub places in the area "(john and marys) for the last 8 years.

i literally would eat a stinger once a week, a chicken finger sub once a week, a royal once a week (capicola and sausage ugghh so good) at least 5 wings a day, ect ect. there was nothing i loved more then when the cook pulled off a huge pile of applewood bacon nice hot sizzling bacon, my pick of 5 lbs of the shit to make a turkey club with

today is day 4. im going strong. i usually would go to mighty almost every monday night and get a deluxe, a super mighty, and a mighty hardshell. tonight, i got a veggie burrito, a deluxe with no meat, and a bean hardshell. i have to say, it still was awesome (i really love mighty)

moes yesterday was tough. i used to always get a joey with both ground beef and chicken. i opted for both kind of beans instead. had tofu on the side, just to try it. it was fucking gross. idk if it was bc how it was prepared, but i hated it.

i made a pretty awesome pizza at work the other day - olive oil, garlic, parm, oregano, motz, portabella mushrooms, onions, spinich, asiago. it was fucking awesome, didnt miss meat at all

overall, i feel great. i have a feeling that it will only get better. i still smoke (although not too often, about 2 packs a week), i still drink too much, but i feel much more energetic, and its only been 4 days. if i didnt feel so good, it would be really, really hard to keep going. i also started taking a multivitamin, so that may have somethign to do with it. i eat a good amount of mixed nuts at least once a day as well

if my gf caves first, i get to boost my civic (the rule was no new parts till we have a house lol) if i cave, she gets to buy a new couch. i love this couch. its ugly, but so comfy

any other non-meat eaters on here? any suggestions for good sites for recipes? your non-meat eating experiences? point me in the right direction! tell me what you think, hate on me, call me a faggot, ect ect

:tup: to making a healthy decision. I really need to make a serious change in my diet but I think I’m too damn lazy to make it happen just yet. Plus I need to gain weight while eating healthy as well.

I’m hungry for steak right now, though. Mmmmmm.

SHUT UPPPPPPPPPP

lol. I’ll settle for bacon.

:fu:

dude congrats.

ive been eating this stuff for awhile. the only meats i indulge in is self prepared grilled chicken or deli turkey for packing my lunch for work…

do yourself a favor and pick up a few of these items…

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR-qzPFJiOqkmAb3oURf0QRILEAQ-Nx-YeyLS1dVI2Wi70nfyhv&t=1

http://s8.thisnext.com/media/largest_dimension/F7259CF9.jpg

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51JMVNCPNKL.jpg

http://www.altmeat.com/pics/misc/boca_spicy_chickn_patties_box.jpg

http://www.mattblog.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/morningstar-bacon-strips.jpg

http://timcrockett.net/pics/morningstar.jpg

http://www.moresquashplease.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/ServeImage.jpg

meatless bacon? lol juat?

if done right its delicious

IM not veg, tho i have friends who are veg. they say that once youve been veg for so long, and you try bto eat meat it makes you very sick.

not my thing, tho i have started to like turkey burger haha

Edit- I will just be nice here…but I assure you all meat is not what makes you feel lousy, unless you have an allergy/extraordinary condition.

i never claimed that it made me feel lousy.
i am just not a big red meat person. steak is super gross to me.
like i said in my post i mainly stick to lean meats (chicken or turkey) but after dating a vegan for 4 years ive grown to really like the taste of the fake stuff better.

For many if you want to feel better and less lethargic stay away from the gluten or sugary carbs.
Sugar spikes your insulin like a drug and causes a crash…just like a drug. Creates a cycle of fix and crash.
Gluten is as it sounds…glue like. It binds you up and will make most feel bloated and lethargic.

Look into a CKD diet IMO. Never felt better than when I don’t have insulin crashes or bloated binding going on inside my intestines. :wink:

Dawn had this meatless chili stuff that was gross looking, but actually kicked ass. :tup: to going veggie, one one of the few lifestyle changes I see myself doing in the future.

Or you could just eat a balanced normal diet and be fine…but either way :lol:

I know a few people who smoke/drink/don’t sleep enough who tried to go this route because eatting meat was making them feel bad :lol:

However if this works for you :tup:

this is silly if you’re doing it for health reasons.

i totally understand reducing meat consumption either by the amount of times you eat it or the portions sizes you eat, especially red meat, but cutting it entirely is a total fggt decision.

i cut my red meat from several times a week to once or twice… substituting with pork and more pasta / sushi etc. and i lost 5 lbs pretty quick actually.

the only reference point i have is a guy i used to live with in university who was a n award winning vegan body builder / thai boxer… all he ever ate was avacado and a few other things. It was 100x weirded than newman… i lost touch with him for a few years and we got together a couple times the year before last.

he had given it up. veganism started to have poor effects health effects on his body and he started to get ill a lot and lose weight. He had to re-introduce some meat into his diet to stay fit.

there are reason to not do and ‘to’ do a lot of the same things… moderation is key… i still eat too much meat but going full veg just doesnt make any sense.

---------- Post added at 07:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 AM ----------

exactly… its not the meat… unless you’re eating too much of it

---------- Post added at 07:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 AM ----------

exactly… its not the meat… unless you’re eating too much of it

+1 to everything Bing said.

^werd.

Focus on eating fresh whole foods in their natural state. (i.e. vegetables, fruits, MEATS, etc…) and you will feel tons better within a week. No fried foods, no frozen dinners, only whole wheat breads. BUT, i veiw this as a temporary lifestyle change until one of you breaks…than both of you will be back to your old habits. GL.

I agree that a balanced diet is the way to go, but that doesn’t work for everyone.

Personally, I prefer to go on diets where the majority of my intake IS meat. Starch,sugar and processed grains are the enemy.

Good luck, I hope it works out for you.

Your body will want/need meat protein, you just won’t get them from other protein sources

You smoke, drink “too much,” and eliminating MEAT was your health conscious decision?

Ugh, well… good luck. At least it is a start I guess.