taking the meatless plunge...

If you need any advice, let me know.

However, if you’re feeling shitty, I think cutting dairy from your diet has more positive effects than cutting meat. Don’t substitute the lack of meat with cheese. I know a lot of people who became vegetarian and put on weight.

I literally had one of the best dinners of my life yesterday. T-bone steak grilled by yours truly, home made macaroni and cheese, and homemade cream corn. The Mac & cheese was whole grain noodles with a white sauce and three different cheeses melted into it. Followed that up with some Blue Bell ice cream and a seasonal brew Shiner. Pure wonderful. I would only stop eating meat completely if someone paid me a lot, I was allergic, or the world meat supply ran out.

There’s always people. :wink:

I don’t think I’ve eaten a steak in years… I can’t even remember the last time. It seems like all the meat you’re eating is really crappy meat. If you simply switched to a leaner/notdeepfried/notgrade"D" meat, it would probably have a more positive effect than cutting it out all together.

I enjoy my red meats, but I have to say it is great to see another fan of the Mighty Veggie Burrito. I am absolutely hooked on those, so much to the point that it is pretty much all I ever order there. Occasionally I’ll go for a regular Mighty but man those veggie burritos are delicious!

i actually agree. I stopped drinking moo moo milk for quite some time. It wasn’t my choice, the wifey started buying almond milk for the kids due to hormones etc…ALMOND MILK ROCKS! especially Vanillia. And there is more calcium and other vitamins than cow milk.

Sure do like almond milk. Beats a warm glass of pussy cows’ milk…

limit soy.

We started using almond milk too. I still use half n half in my coffee though.

Yeah, if I was smoking, drinking, and eating primarily Buffalo “cuisine”, meat would be the least of my concerns.

Plus, there is now way I could give up meat when my dad is cooking this stuff on a nightly basis:

A work in progress. Omaha Steaks Top Sirloin stuffed with a blue cheese and fresh minced garlic paste and marinated asparagus spears. The foil has sliced portabella mushrooms marinated in olive oil with tuscan sun-dried tomatoes and garlic. Sue wouldn’t let me sauté the green beans in my wok on the grill in olive oil with salt, pepper and minced garlic. She steamed them and added a choice of chicken flavored rice or chicken flavored noodles. For dessaert, mini cheese cakes and apple tartlets.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5267/5634484589_d536cb056b_b.jpg
206382_1653782304073_1222515561_31338593_6214123_n by the_progrocker, on Flickr

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5305/5634484609_7e4bfd7822_b.jpg
201626_1653783184095_1222515561_31338596_5484192_o by the_progrocker, on Flickr

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5230/5634484635_a797d3bf6b_b.jpg
204735_1653783824111_1222515561_31338598_2511114_o by the_progrocker, on Flickr

I didn’t climb to the top of the fucking food chain to eat carrots

x2

PS: people will, for whatever reason, be offended by your decision to not eat meat. I still haven’t figured out why.

Because people were meant to eat meat and only meat, what with our faces full of a myriad of razor sharp shark-like teeth… ryte?

haha yeah. i think every asshole should go veg for a month just to piss off the people around them.

If avoiding meat is the only way you can stop your unhealthy eating habits then I guess I understand…Otherwise I agree with Bing et al. Don’t get it.

MorningStar >>>>>>>>>>>>> Boca brand food, the MorningStar spicy “chicken” patty, with some pepper jack and a bit of southwest ranch, and a kaiser, with all the veggies is pretty good.

The other thing I like is making my own veggie burgers from scratch, this is a pretty good recipe that comes out to be a pretty “meaty” burger.

The only reason I said anything is because, as you stated, just because you’ve gone vegetarian doesn’t mean that you are all of the sudden eating healthy.

Vegetarian pizza as described by the OP is not healthy food.
Mighty Taco, in any form, is not healthy food.
Substituting more starch and dairy for protein is NOT healthy.

Make sure you keep taking that multi vitamin every day at roughly the same time. This will be your savior when going cold turkey (pun intended). Are you still eating fish? (not sure if you consider it “meat” or not). If not, you will definitly benefit from taking some type of Omega-3 fish oil. I’ve lived on a chicken only diet for 18 years, so feel free to PM me if you have any questions!

A few months ago I made a serious effort to change my diet toward only whole foods. I am not 100 strict but very conscious of it and rarely eat non whole foods at this point, Feel amazing. I drink soy original but maybe I will give this almond milk a shot!

I typically don’t think people get offended. I think they see people like Jam(no offense jam just example) who are still going to drink/smoke whatever and want to make this change so they say something. My point that I mention earlier was that I didn’t think it was the meat because all of he listed was all friend and nasty stuff. I felt ill just reading what he described as his diet.

Alas any step in the right direction is better then no step at all though. Many people fail at changing health/lifestyle because they view it as all or nothing. So hey if this is what works for Jam and is making him feel good then kudos man!

http://www.imaginefoods.com/content/organic-no-chicken-broth
http://www.imaginefoods.com/sites/www.imaginefoods.com/files/images/broth_nochicken.jpg

Good base for soups and stuff

Wegman’s also has some n0-chicken patties that are pretty good. I enjoy them to say the least. I could never do the no meat thing cause I hate tofu, soy, mushrooms, and am not fond of nuts. More power to you.