Verizon DSL users... 2 free months service

was watching the news last night and they had a story about how verizon is getting crazy amounts of people signing up for DSL and needs to upgrade it’s network before it can give alot of ppl service.

they said that if your SRD got pushed back more than 30 days, call customer service and get 2 months of DSL for free :slight_smile:

just a heads up… I know a bunch of people here were in that boat

-steve

Got a letter the other day saying I was getting 2 free months.

T-up

:tdown: They should’ve given that to me when I had to wait so f’ing long.

That was what they sited as the reason for me getting it. They delayed my service for over a month.

i hope i get 2 free months…they really need to upgrade…its gettting slower everyday

Oh good, I thought it was just me.

About 4 months here… but this was in August of 2004 when I first ordered mine.

Yeah if want to get technical I just got it last week but I first ordered it back in May 2004 when I first moved out to Tonawanda. They led me on for weeks and finally told me it wasn’t available in my area. Then they charged me for a month of DSL and a month of “Free” dial up.

mine just got pushed back another month :angry: :tdown: :tdown:

christ… it’s already been a month and a half here. Thing that really f’n blows is I’ve been without a telephone as a result (getting voip)

They offered you free dial up?

Yeah while I was waiting for DSL they said they would give me free dial up. I don’t know if that was because I was a DSL customer at my old residence and they were just transferring, but they told me it was going to be free and they ended up charging me. My May bill was like $150. I did a lot of bitching and got the bill down to $45 I think. Verizon customer service = gheyness

I asked for something like a free dial up service while I waited because I cancelled my other internet service expecting my DSL to be ready on the date they gave. So when it wasn’t ready and I needed the internet (for school) I was screwed because they said they couldn’t offer me any free dial up.

Yeah I think the only reason they did it was because I had DSL before moving and they said it would be about a week before I could have DSL at my new house so they would give me dial up while I waited.

Basically they are retards

Mine had a week delay back in late june…they were having issues with all new customers…but i can tell its getting slower

I got the letter for the 2 free months. Still pissed about the wait though.

UPDATE: still waiting for the live date. It was supposed to be in a couple days finally BUT they just moved it to February 13th!! I can’t believe this shit.

mine is working fine i dont think that it should get slower because its dedicated line

Took about two weeks here… I love it. Now if they have to upgrade their end what does that do for us? Anything? lol… probably not.

EDIT Live date was supposed to be today (16th)… was ready 2-3 days ago

yea ive been waiting since the begining of december for my dsl still nothin

lol I ordered mine about 2 years ago and I had it the same week :lol: