Verizon Fios

So I came home from work yesterday, and found on my answering machine that Fios is now available. Happier then a pig in mud, I quickly sign up for the 15/2 for 45 dollars a month, scheduled an appointment for the 30th from 8-12 for the tech to come out and install the line. My only question is to those who have had Fios installed, how long did it take the tech to install everything? The fine print said it will take him 4 hours, which I dont believe, any input?

Thanks,
Sean

few hours.

you prob dont need the 15. i have the 5 and its PLENTY fast enough for home

it took about 4 hours for install.

mine took 3 hrs…they have to install the board with the fios box and a power transmitter…then run a cat 5 e cable to your computer then configure your machine and router…

you wont be dissapointed man…

:slight_smile:

it all depends on the drop length and how hard the cat-5 run is. where do you live?

I went with the 5 as well…it is plenty fast for me…took around 4-5 hours…they have to run lines into your house. best bang for your buck

6.90 hrs per job FTW

usually 2-3 hrs for a normal job

for a normal tech anyways

I work for verizon online. Max is 6 hours but usually 3.5 to 4

i’m getting mine installed soon also…cheers to verizon

edit: on the subject of cable…can anyone recommend a cable tv package for under $100 a month? i’m done with comcast and am looking for an alternative

direct tv has a deal with verizon, when you signed up for fios, they should’ve offered you some sort of deal. someone in sales would know more about this than me

I wish fiber optics were installed around here

Yes talk to verizon. We still have a contract with direct tv and they will provide you with television service. Don’t listen to the lies about when it rains you lose signal…i’ve had directv for a long time and the only channel(s) i lose are the news channels that nobody watches…kdka is still on and so is action11

thank you very much for your input im gonna call them sometime this weekend

Me too! Maybe next year, although I’ve heard no rumors that it is coming anywhere close to the township.

Is there somewhere to find out when it will be available for certain areas? My new comcast fucking blows.

I hope West Mifflin is next on the list for fios. :x: :x: :x:

I would think you are close…I am like 2 minutes from you and my area just got it recently

i cant wait until fios TV comes out…

i’m hoping with all the stuff going in dealing with the government behind my house they’ll bring faster connections up here. they already upgraded our telephone lines my dsl conneciton doubled in the last month but still sux

not for a while dawg… like a year or two at least