verizon/new phone questions.

So, I am on a family plan. It’s nice. I don’t use my phone to talk too much I am a big texter insted.
My contract of 2 years Is up in a few months. My question is, can I upgrade early or no?
I really want a PDA phone.
I have no real use for it. I am not in business or anything. I am on the road a lot though so it would be nice to have.
My friend just got a Moto. Q. It is pretty nice I’d say. I have read the other phone threads. I’m still doing research on phones…but my question is…can I upgrade early or do I have to wait till my contract is up to geta new phone?
BTW its Verizon

I’m sure Jeff will chime in here eventually, or just PM him.

But, if you are sure you want a new contract with them, I’m fairly certain they will let you do so.

Verizon really wants you in contract all the time.

you get a “reduced” upgrade every 22months…i just upgraded mine (chocolate) You get the price that is equal to the 2year new contract price…hope that makes sence :slight_smile: Goodluck man…if u go into a verizon store, they will tell u the exact date your avail for an upgrade.
-if u upgrade early your just going to waste money paying wayyyyy more for the phone, you have to pay the “retail price”
my choc was 345.99 retail, and the 2 year (upgraded discount price) was 179.99 w/ a 50 dollar mail in rebate…so as you can see- you should just wait to get your new phone
Hope this helps

just stop into the store, they can lookup and see what month your available for the early upgrade. usually its 2 months or so prior to when your contract is up.

Speaking of which I might be looking into a new phone as well soon, but doubtful since the only verizon phone i like at the moment is the Audiovoxx XV6700

you can upgrade every 22 months. sometimes you are even eligable for New Every 2.

primary’s can upgrade every 12 months depending on how their plan is set up.

o, and stay away from PDA phones if u dont need everything on there. a good alternative is the vx9900.

God damn, they have huge markup on those phones.

345.99 for a shitty chocolate.

I played with it, its an LG product right?

Sprint SERO FTW, they gave me a basic phone that does everything I want, and they paid me 150 dollars after rebates to sign a 2 year contract. -150 means like over 4 months service for free.

you really dont know what you are talking about.

lol i got the vx 9900 for 50 bucks :slight_smile:

and bitpim works with it lol… can’t wait til i buy the data cable and mess with it

It tells you online when you can upgrade. Just login to your account.

bitpim ftw :slight_smile: