Upgrading a phone for VZW half way through contract?

I am so confused on this stuff. I found a great deal online for the phone I want but it is a deal “with 2 year contract”

If I’m always in some sort of contract in VZW, how can I buy the deal? I’ve had verizon for 6 years now and it’s a “new every two” so I keep getting the new phone and a two year “new” contract.

The website I can get the phone from allows me to carry over my phone number, and choose my plan, etc. It looks as if it wants me to start a new contract again…

How does this crap work? LOL

Is your two year contract expired? If not you get to pay full cash price for the phone.

So, how does anyone ever get these deals if you’re always in a contract? LOL

I was going to use the Buy a Droid, get a Droid Eris free deal… but it requires a new contract. Do you think if I go to the VZW store and talk with them, they’ll let me do it and just renew my contract for 2 more years?

no. my gf and i saw that they had the buy one get one free offer with blackberry phones, so we tried it. It’s only for brand new contracts, such as you were with a different carrier and are switching to verizon.

So when my contract expires I’m stuck with only the deals that are available at that time for my New every 2, which I call the “Ripoff every two” since they give you just a $100 discount which equates to the crappy phones…

Can I ever use the online phone deals or will I have to switch to a different carrier and then switch back? LOL

Why do they make it so hard to figure out? It’s as if they do it on purpose…

New every 2 is pretty shitty, i agree.
You could just call customer service and bombard them with all these questions, or just go to a store.

When I had my “upgrade due” back in August I had $100 Per Line so I got 2 Dares and 1 Versa and it was free all we paid was $12 in the end. I would recommend going to A Verizon Store and talking to a rep.

Buy a phone on ebay, and get verizon to put it on your plan?

Thats what I do with sprint quite frequently. I upgrade phones at least once a year.

I have been out of their stupid contract for 4 years now.

you get an upgrade once every year. If you wait two years (new every 2) then you get another 50 bucks off.

If you have a 2 year contract, you can upgrade after one year, and pay the price of the phone for a 2 year contract. Again, if you wait the full 2 years, you get an extra 50 off.

sorry fry, but that is not correct

I just got my droid for 199, after only being 1 year through my 2 year contract. Of course now, my 2 years starts again.

my 2 year contract ended last winter and I was on month to month until they offered a free month if I agreed to a new contract sometime over the summer. I wasn’t sure If I would be eligible but in november I signed another 2 year contract for a new phone (Droid eris) at the verizon store.

If you don’t care about your number just cancel your account (175 or less) and then boom you can buy the new phone on promo.

Depending on the account, you can early upgrade after as little as 12 months on a 2 year contract.

edit

I usually just call verizon customer service, and nicely explain that i’m unhappy with my phone and will be taking my business elsewhere. I’ve gotten a new phone pretty much every 6 months for the last 3 years. In the store they won’t help you but their customer service line has always been great for me. Just be polite.

UGH HOW THE HELL IS NEW EVERY 2 SHITTY???

When you sign up as a brand new customer, you get a subsidized cost for the phone, IF YOU SIGN UP FOR A CONTRACT.

When you complete X amount of months in your contract you signed up for, you get another shot at a subsidized cost, just like a new customer!! YAY!!

When you complete 20 months in a 24 month agreement, you get the subsidized cost PLUS an extra dollar amount off the phone!!

HOW IN THE FUCKING FUCK IS THIS FUCKING BAD/GAY/LAME??

Don’t want another contract? Cool beans. Pay the retail cost.

Don’t want to pay the retail cost?? Sign a contract.

This isnt fucking rocket surgery.

They give you both fucking options, and people still bitch. FUCK. I’m so glad I dont do retail anymore.

They even GIVE YOU EXTRA MONEY JUST BECAUSE YOU GASP HAVE SO FAR COMPLETED YOUR END OF THE BARGIN AND ARE 20 MONTHS INTO A 24 MONTH AGREEMENT…THAT YOU SIGNED!!

There are TIMES when you can qualify for an early upgrade, but there are restrictions on that. Go to a store or call CS for clarification.

FUCK

edit: NO OTHER SHITTY FUCKING CELL COMPANY DOES ANY SORT OF “NEW EVERY TWO”. BIG FUCKING RED IS THE ONLY FUCKING CARRIER TO DO IT.

:fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu:

I have never had a problem with new every two…I’m eligible for a new phone at the end of the month…I thought I still had a year. Works for me though. Hopefully I can get the droid/droid eris deal with that.

i’m 21 months into my agreement and was just in the verizon store. I was looking to get my phone replaced (i have extended warranty) which went fine, but I asked about upgrading early because of info in this thread and the guy was like “you must wait until march 12 for your new every two or you will have to pay full retail for the phone.”

I hate customer service too, but from a customer standpoint, because every one of those people will tell you something different. It’s aggravating that most people don’t know the real policies because, even after asking, they are misinformed.

I had them for over a year and their customer service drove me away, I said fuck em and went to Sprint and got a Palm Pre

hacked a roam only mod and now everythings great