Should I sign a 2yr contract with verizon again???

I really would like the U740 phone. Verizon is the only carrier who has this. Ebay, these phones are going for $200+. I have a $100 credit since my contract is about up. Should I sign another 2 years or switch service?

Sounds like you answered your own question to me.

Verizon carries the phone you want. You can get a good discount on it.

Did you have any gripes about them before?

The only gripe is texting and roll-over options. Almost everyone has them and Verizon does not…not sure if they will either.

Are you happy with Verizon? When I had them with a work paid for phone I hated them. That’s saying something when you’re not even paying for it. My biggest issue was I had two very poor reception areas with Verizon… home ad work. That’s a pretty big issue, but most other places their service seemed to work great. Unfortunately I spent 90% of my time in poor coverage areas.

Cliffs. If you’re happy with them, sign up.

coverage…no complaints there.

idk there xpensive and they try n fuck u on every possible thing!but there are reliable

lol at some of these responses. i think ive looked at your account before and told you where you need to make changes, if at all.

you wont get a discount on a phone you buy off of ebay, only in store. the phone you are looking at is the phone i have, i love it and am very picky on phones for myself.

without looking at your account to verify, pricing would be $30 after rebate if you sign for another 2 years.

roll over is mostly a gimick to get you on a higher plan than you need.

and they offer many different packages for texting so im not sure what you mean, including completely unlimited texting to anyone.

Do it. <3 Verizon.

Or do the iPhone from Cingular…

Phone contracts I have always believed 2 years was two long since phones change too much. My mom does a 2 year becuase she never needs new phones but if you like the newest phones, 2 year is way to long.

2 years is too long when you chose the Razr when you renewed and realize your phone is a POS that the battery dies halfway thru the day at light use, but you didn’t buy the warranty because you are extremely gentle on phones so you can’t just throw it under a bus and get a new phone.

And don’t even get me started on cold weather performance…

/rant.

^ Do you have bluetooth turned on? I’ve had my razor 1.5 years and it still goes 4-5 days on a charge. AT&T version though. When I turn on bluetooth the battery is dead in about a day.

My only real complaint on the phone is the LCD isn’t bright enough for use in direct sun.

Nope Bluetooth is off.

I think it’s the horrid software that Verizon put on it, because the phone is slow as could possibly be.

When you press a key to go to a menu, it takes upwards of 6 seconds before it finally completes the action. It’s painful.

didnt i tell you not to get that phone?

and resigning for 2 years is the only way to get the EXTRA $100 off. you can do a 1 year, but you will pay REGULAR 1 YEAR PRICING.

solution? dont buy motorola

(anyone that complains about having to do a 2 year to get that extra $100 off, show me a different company that gives existing customers a better price on new phones than new customers.)

Haha, I never consulted you on the phone. I just got it for free April of '06.

I have no gripes with Verizon’s service to be honest. No other company touches their reception in the Southtowns area.

I’m just uber pissed I have a phone that has such poor battery life and a navigation menu that is piss ass slow and keeps getting seemingly slower to boot.

i coulda sworn you stopped in the ea store to look around or something and i said dont get it. ah well either way, as long as its not water damaged you can prolly get a $50 replacment without touching the contract and without having insurance. just have to call handset resolution

Marcus, I just got the U740 just as Jeff said, I’m very picky about what feels good and what I like and so far there is not one thing about the U740 that I don’t like.

Texting to Verizon = Free, Calls to Verizon = Free. Pretty much 90% of the people I text or talk to are free, so I haven’t gone over. I also signed up for the family plan with the unlimited text plan, not too shabby if you ask me.

I want the U740 too.

isnt the completely unlimited txting its own plan and isnt it kind of expensive?

^ I thought it was like $25 a month extra for unlimited texting to anyone