VERY IMPORTANT!! All gun owners read

Just recieved email from my club. Here’s a breif site about it. If your a serious gun owner. May wanna take a look

http://www.acslpa.org/n-legislative/Harrisburg%20Rally%204_2008/gunowners_help_needed_to_stop_ha.htm

Here’s the link from pa gun forum http://www.pafoa.org/forum/political-138/18978-second-amendment-second-none-rally-harrisburg.html

They want all ammunition to have serial numbers.

How about the Encoded Ammunition Act (House Bill 2228)

i dont see a problem with having serial numbers on ammunition…

I see a serious problem with having serial numbers on ammo. If your at the gun range. And even IF you miss one shell , forgot 2 pick it up . Someone can reload that. Go shoot someone and its your fault

yeh…that would not be good. i might actually want to look into this further.

Your spent casings from the gun range could be dumped at a crime scene and you could be set up for a crime you did not commit. I think this is very scary. Ammo retailers would be required to I.D. anyone that purchases ammo and keep a log of customers buying ammo along with the serial numbers. All of this would increase the cost of ammo purchased. Guys that load their own ammo might not be able to do so anymore.

How could they stop you from loading your own ammo though?

By making it illegal to sell the individual components.

smoking, ammo, prohibition…oh, wait…

By making it a federal offense, just like making your semi into a full auto. That used to be legal…but it isn’t now.

The cost of ammo would go through the roof, becomes very easy to plant false evidence or frame someone else.

REALLY bad idea.

Personally, I don’t think serial coding of casings/ammo will ever happen. It is not fiscally or economically feasible. It would absolutely kill the industry, which I am sure the government does not want to see happen.

Has anyone seen the Judge Dredd movie? know what Im talking about?

I agree to a point. But think of it this way…

It would kill consumer production, but most ammo sales are to the government and law enforcement right now, I doubt theirs would have serial numbers.

My estimate is the end goal is to have ammo companies dependent upon, and almost exclusively serving the government. Then having “non-serial” ammo would be illegal, just like machine guns, but possibly through some permits, fingerprinting and additional costs (actively waiving 4th amendment rights), one could acquire it. That’s how machine guns are now. I see this as a horrid step in the wrong direction that would totally eliminate our ability to defend ourselves against any threat, foreign or domestic, which is the entire point of having armed citizens.

The average ignorant American who does not own or use a firearm with any regularity, and does not understand simple economics will likely support this absurd idea.

The house bill proposes that all ammo sold after a certain date must have a serial number on it. Then after a certain time period all ammo possessed must have a serial number on it. All ammo without serial numbers would have to be used or destroyed. Some individuals have 10's of thousands of rounds of ammo stockpiled. No serial number on your ammo would be a criminal offense. So reloaders would have to reuse spent casings with serial numbers or risk being charged for violating the law.

They also want to tax each box of encoded ammo. Like we don't pay enough in taxes.

I don’t mind having credit for my kills.