Vibration noise

I have a weird vibration noise at around 2500 rpm whenever I’m off the gas…it’s an SR and I just can’t figure out what it is. Anyone know what I mean or anyone experienced something similar?

yeah… can you tell where the sound is coming from?

i have a bolt missing on my exhaust mani/turbo heatshield, it rattles sometimes.

There are 3 locations where you can rattle due to shielding…

-The most common would be your headshield on the downpipe.
-There is also a headshield on the catalytic converter. If you put in a test pipe you can take off the top shielding here because a test pipe will not be close to getting as hot as a cat.
-Heatshield on the exhaust mani.

I think I still have a bit of a rattle from this one. One of the bolts is stuck in there with the head off so there is some issues.

Aaron, you can just grab one from Home Depot. I just went with a 1/4" * 1/4" bolt I believe and it fit fine (at least that’s what I remember for size… maybe it was a bit smaller).

If your blow off valve is too tight, you could be hearing the Ch-Ch-Ch as the air flows back through the turbo.

that would be a good RPM for that to happen.

Darek

???

i dont think he’s talking about compressor surge…

it sounds almost sounds like a fine grinding can sound, not like a grinding sound when you grind gears but I was looking under the hood trying to find out where noise is coming from but I still have no clue let alone what to do to fix it…

makes shure your fan is nuts on the fan is tight …