ViPEC ECU's - U2NDyno.com has 'em

At least AEM has S13 SR/KA support :o

I guess for the BMW you’d have to get the V88 and re-wire all your sensors. Sorta like the AEM Universal.

The USB and 4MB log on the VIPEC has quite the advantage on the AEM (Serial and 512KB :mad: )

AEM has about a 5 or 6 year headstart on ViPEC…

Keep in mind this is a product that is brand new in the market…but they do have plans to continue their lineup of PnP boxes aswell as expand their compatability with other ganster accessories, namely RacePak and AIM Dashes to start.

As Mentioned V88 would work i assume as it can control Vanos whcih your 2.8 has.

Dan why do you have over 4 g invested into the autronic?

As for logic, yes coders do have different logic, But the outcome is the same, which it takes an input and makes an output. We are probably talking about hundreds of a nano second difference, between the systems.(but depending on the system whether its 8 bit or 16 bit and processing power, then the difference may be none)

How is Vipec addressing the pick-up wheel situation, which aem until now just replaces the wheel with a 24-1 instead of 360?(Only way i can see is a similar solution or processing power capable of being able to read the frequency wave form at much higher rpms?)

Lastly someone mentioned software user friendlyness, only someone that knows 100% as to what they are doing should be touching a stand alone engine management system, the software is very understandable to me, it actually makes complete sense.

As for the serial conncetor, yes its old school but you dont have to install drivers which is a huge bonus.

as for plug and play you guys should check out www.nistune.com, tuning made available over consult.

It’s what is costs when you layer on some add-ons, all of the harnessing gear and of course the many many hours of labour.

I think this statement is not accurate. Some people write clean code and some do not. For example, a popular ecu on the market has shown signs of bogging down due to sloppy code, poor software build evolution and insufficient computing power. The end result is a less than desirable outcome.

Just because AEM has an issue with it, why would any other company? A good example of some companies’ abilities to write “better” code than others. ViPEC can be programmed to see almost any pickup wheel. I will be using my Autronic 4 window pickup wheel simply because it’s already in my CAS.

Yeah, I’m really impressed with their interface. It’s simple, straightforward and the help menus are very thorough.

I’ve not played much with Nistune but early reports are it has some software glitches that are making the tuning challenging.

AEM EMS is like Windows and everything else is like Linux/Mac.

Even though everyone hates windows it still owns the market and people continue to buy it. And those that use Linux/Mac are always bitchin’ at the Windows users and are always trying to convert them over.

I’m Gautam and I’m a PC.

The only thing AEM owns is the under 10k project car market… which needless to say are mostly buckets of bolts. :wink:

Only the AEM seems to really have an issue with CAS reading at high rpm’s.

Gonad, I think… I don’t need to re-wire all the sensors just loom up and engine harness and its good to go… unless thats what you meant by re-wire.

wtf built in fan controller? I’m sold.

The V88 is like a universal AEM; it comes with the connector plug at the ECU but all the input wires (from sensor to ECU) need to be re-wired.

Hell yea built in fan controller; no need to buy a 3rd party for that biznatch! :run:

That’s genius, really.

It’s so frustrating on my car, the temps that the fan kick in at are so stupidly inconsistent… sometimes im scared its not even going to kick on and temps are well above 90C… thats bullshit. I assume its just the difference in different sensor placements… would be nice if everything was based on the same value.

John isn’t your fan controller’s probe jammed inbetween the radiator fins?

Or is it an actual in-tank sensor (that samples actual coolant - rather than ambient temps like the rad probe)?

I think Dustin was running the rad probe

I couldn’t tell from your sarcasm on the fan controller but AEM has it built in too. I thought the PFC did it too via the DataLogit and an output? :dunno:

I used the better version of the fan controller John has. ITs made by flex-a-lite. It uses a rad probe… but I wouldn’t call it an ambient sensor… mine is ridiculously precise… And has alot of OEM like functionality the AEM built in controller doesn’t have.

10 second run after shutdown… non fan start for 5 seconds after ignition on (so its not kicking the fan on when your cranking the starter)
It also ramps up the fan speeds so its alot easier on the electrical system as well.

These are all things I would hope the VIPEC has to be a good fan controller.

Otherwise just buy a relay and a thermistor and be done with it. :slight_smile:

Dan, you sold me on getting an AEM but now I feel like I should’ve got something else. :frowning: Car runs like crap…

Don’t get all EMO you girl. AEM is a killer system… I’m not even talking about AEM.

I’ll probably still sell and tune far more AEM’s than any other system… don’t go killing yourself.

If you’re having problems with it call me. seriously…Duh!

from sg to son!

What are you guys talking about AEM’s , also have built in Fan control.

Wire up a relay, then you use a pnp ground 1.5amp that is triggered by an output that is set to your desired temp.

Aem uses your coolant temp sensor as the trigger to power electric fans,

bam,

done.

If you like i can wire up your aem to trigger a dildo to come out of your seat at a given speed or temp,

Hurricane,

you can specify in the aem to not trigger the fans until a certain rpm is reached eg over 500rpm, engine cranking usually happens between 150-300 and idle is past 600rpm.

you just need a fine tune brother, Get Danno to tweak your ems.

ODM, relax bro.

The only advantage Dustin’s fan controller has is the 10-sec auto shutdown. We know how important that feature is :hsugh:

The no-fan during crank is stupid; I just set the RPM trigger to at least 100rpm or whatever so doesn’t kick in during cranking. Whoopdeedo

Oh i am relaxed, personally i use chip tunes, only way for a strict street car.

Thanks Dan!

I will, just gotta put in the injectors, turbo, etc,

Hopefully you’ll still tune AEMs! :slight_smile:

LOL, they should try to make that the AEM’s selling point to female car enthusiasts…