Free AEM EMS !

I was playing around with my wideband on my car trying to tune it in the other day, I got it pretty good but the VPC/GCC isnt the most precise tuning tool out there. Its proven to run 9’s but the AEM has way more tuning potential. People with supras have picked up almost 100rwhp by switching to the AEM. So anyways, I was thinking there has to be someone out there that bought the AEM + all the sensors needed to run it and cannot figure out how to tune it. So I posted in Supraforums in the for sale section:

trade: VPC/GCC, Harness, A/B chips for AEM

I figured noone would reply, because who in their right mind wants to trade old technology for new technology? So to my suprise someone PM’d me saying. Im the man your looking for! I just blew my motor due to crankwalk and I just dont like this AEM I bought. He JUST bought it a month ago, sent me pics, there is not one scratch on the EMS itself. It also has the new 1.3 version software and all the sensors needed to run it. He wants a VPC because he is in Utah and there is a lot of elevation changes, he said it would run great one place and he would drive an hour away and the car wouldnt run good.

This may be a dumb question, but should I do it???

Im gaining about $500 to do this, I paid like $1100 for my VPC/GCC setup and the AEM is about $1600 w/ all the sensors.

crankwalk?u talkin dsm or another supra?

if it’s what u need & is better go 4 it:cool:

yeah really, if he wants the old stuff give it to him!!

snag the AEM set-up, it looks to be quite a nice system with all kinds of crazy features. Most likely however, the VPC set-up is easier initially to work with, but you’ll have many cold months to figure the EMS features out.

Originally posted by Pewterss
if it’s what u need & is better go 4 it:cool:

Yeah just contact the guy a few times on the phone and shit to make sure he is for real.

actually the ems isnt bad at all…it comes with a base map already set up for the car,only thing is that u have to mess around with it for about an hour or so to get the idle down,but after that it is pretty much cake if u have any tuning experience with stand alones.i’m looking into getting one for my dsm so i kinda have been doing some homework on them,its a pretty bad ass system.but if u are gettin the ems u might as well just get the egt sensor and the wideband,those 2 items will help with tuning and make it a lot easier to deal with.

Originally posted by brokeasskorean
actually the ems isnt bad at all…it comes with a base map already set up for the car,only thing is that u have to mess around with it for about an hour or so to get the idle down,but after that it is pretty much cake if u have any tuning experience with stand alones.i’m looking into getting one for my dsm so i kinda have been doing some homework on them,its a pretty bad ass system.but if u are gettin the ems u might as well just get the egt sensor and the wideband,those 2 items will help with tuning and make it a lot easier to deal with.

yeah I got the egt defi gauge… but i guess id have to run another for the AEM :frowning: which means I have to take my turbo kit off again. I already have the AEM wideband which is nice. I kinda want to run the VPC till winter and switch but I dont know if thats goign to be possible if this guy wants my VPC now… I think I should do it, he is for real… he is a respected guy on the forums, we’ll see… I hate to fix something thats not broke if you know what I mean.