Viper Twin Turbo Builds.... x 3

ahh thats where hydaulic TOBs come into play, ive only worked on mechanical ones with the fork that pushes them, learn something new everyday =D

what injectors are those?

Injector Dynamics ID1000’s… more or less the best 1000cc injectors you can buy, and they are High Impedance to boot… not that it matters on this build, but that comes in handy elsewhere. They are extremely fast, have a very linear response at low PW’s, and to top it off, they have a relatively wide pattern. I was using RC’s before, and they could be a pain in the ass at low PW’s, and had horrible transient fueling properties in long runner cars with their narrow pattern- they ended up spraying down the runner wall most of the time. They work best in 4 valve heads where they can spray both valves.

WTF is with this website double posting and lagging all the damn time.

Must be powered by a ford server

:stuck_out_tongue:

Yo Dano -

How does the Viper chassis handle like, 3x the power and 2x the torque that it originally puts out? Like, if you threw some slicks on this bitch and launched it, would it snap it in 2?

Nope, no problems at all. 99.999% of vipers out there, at any and all power levels, are not running any type of chassis reinforcement to speak of. The chassis is extremely strong, and will handle just about anything you could ever want to do. Even the 7-second IRS car is running a stock frame. In fact, the only cars I can think of with frame mods are Sir Hiss, which is a tube frame V8 Pro-Street, and some of the Drag Cars with solid rears. This is also one of the reasons that all the guys are shaking in their boots about the Gen-5 Viper… if they go the aluminum frame route, and focus on weight savings, it could turn into a big power nightmare for all of us.

cobalt SS’s have these as well.

so do all ls1 cars…

Rangers, wranglers, 6 speed VW’s (gli, r32) its a very common tob setup

Update:

Frame Section Being Welded

Frame Welded and Painted

Front reassembly

New Front Core Support

Front Suspension and Accessories reinstalled

Valve Covers and Fuel Rails installed

Test Fitting Intercooler

Intercooler and Y-Pipe fitted, Blow Off Valves installed, and Front Reinforcement Bar trimmed and installed

IMHO, the Valve Covers should be PC’d in Black Pearl to match the Intercooler… but that’s up to him. Also perhaps change the valve cover breathers and spacers to Black…

Siiiicck :tup:

Hack. Oh and I will smoke it. :slight_smile:

more pics theres only like 4!

on a side note, working at delta today, middle aged guy revving the piss out of his viper at the gas station, red 97-02 gts, white stripes, he was hanging out and cruising with some guy that had a Twin turbo v12 benz hardtop vert.

i was insanely jealous but just kept tellin myself only a few more years after i have a real job!!

^^ sounds like that Marcus D-bag. LOL

X…

should have painted those covers
red covers and that beautiful orange = FAIL

Shut up nerd.

Was his shirt off?

Waste of money. That paint wont stand up to that heat for long, and is far too thin to get a reliable coverage on that valve cover and fill the casting marks. If you wanted a prayer of looking decent, the whole thing would have to be stripped, blasted and sanded, and HOPE that it doesn’t have any pitting in the castings. I wont deny it would look awesome, but I think its lifespan wouldn’t outweigh the cost. The Fuel Rails/Fittings would have to stay Red, as they cant be matched, and the fittings cant be anodized again either. Viper engines are always Red, regardless of car color, so its not like it would be an atypical color scheme even from the factory.

Going Black Valve Cover Spacer/Black Breather/Black Pearl Valve Cover to match the piping would be the next best thing, and last far longer. It would tone down the red, wouldn’t clash with the orange, and would match the piping to the engine.

lol, get your car yet?