Wiring Drama

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/270820_10100136241887118_15717624_45724383_4203413_n.jpg
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/267843_10100140333682128_15717624_45810351_2978541_n.jpg

this is not impressive
the rest is though
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/270820_10100136241887118_15717624_45724383_4203413_n.jpg

LOL, dumbass, those are NOT crimp connects. Those are are soldered and glue-lined heat shrink sealed. The wiring is all MIL spec. The non-OEM wiring is DR-25 covered. The OEM wiring is OEM tape covered to keep it looking original. The Relay is a rebodied water sealed SSR w/internal protection.

Look at the rest of my work, you should have figured you overlooked something.

I didn’t see anywhere where he said they were crimp-connects. I think he was comparing it to the job Luke did with the RX7 wiring, and this as it sits in the picture you posted looks shoddy in comparison (If you said it was still a work in progress it maybe different but that was not stated).

That being said… Good work, and I’m always impressed by your build work.

It might not be the prettiest piece of wiring work, but there is no point in tearing apart the entire wiring harness if it isn’t 100% necessary. That would pose more risk, add time and material to the job. What he did there is MORE than enough and looks neat and clean once wrapped up.

Congrats on having some of your work be a winner :tup:

Ummm… WTF does a single picture, half done, of one single section of a two-computer merge junction have anything to do with a harness built for a different car, of a completely different type? I would like to see ANYONE make that junction look any other way. Did no one see the picture below it, AFTER it was completed? Uh, HELLO?

Even if I built the harness for the engine from complete scratch [Pointless waste of time if there is nothing wrong with it], I would STILL need that merge, since there are TWO CONTROLLERS. I would strongly suggest that anyone who doesn’t know all the details… probably just keep their mouths shut. Its not like you can put two wires into a single pin in that type of connector, unless you really want it to not seal, and leak and corrode the inside of the connector. If it was that easy, that’s the way it would be, seeing as I have about 1000 of those pins in stock.

If you want to see what a REAL harness looks like, jump back a few pages.

Nope, that picture didn’t show up when I first viewed the thread actually. Looks better now that I see the final product.

And what it has to do with is the quality of work and level of detail. Without seeing the “finished” picture it looked like a hack-job (Which was strange considering the detail gone into everything else).

With all due respect dude, its pretty obvious the picture is not “finished”, and anyone should be able to see that. There are wires hanging, and all of the pins in the connector aren’t even populated.

Dan, he certainly respects the craftsmanship in these builds. Myself included. Great work…:tup:

Let’s not make big deal here fellas…lol.

I love seeing that motor in your '04. Those covers (dark grey) look awesome.

What do you mean its not done? I thought that was the final resting place for the lug nuts, clearly indicating BUILD DONE :???:

That is where my lug nuts are. :shrug:

im not hating but if you did that to my 75K car id be pissed. it looks hacked whether it is or not

i guess i am not the only one that feels that way, but hey if you and your customer are happy, then so be it

How else would you suggest he splice in the second computer? He has to join the wires together SOMEWHERE! If you’re too dumb to realize that the wires are soldered and shrink wrapped (which IS the right way), then you’re an idiot.

i love all the name calling, you guys are hilarious

personally i would repin the connectors, but thats just me

see bolded statement above…it was not an option

Just out of curiousity…what have you re-wired? I am also intrigued to know how you would re-pin two 18 gauge wires into one 18-22 AWG pin without splicing.

With a larger crimp tool! Just like u use a bigger hammer to make things fit when they won’t! LOL!

(And Luke… you know me enough… I’d be on the phone/internet/catalogs finding a pin that would take a larger AWG wire/multiple wires if there was one; and if not, do exactly what Dan did. Damn working on avionics and aircraft electronics for too long and learning how to do things the beyond-right-way! :wink: )

Unfortunately, you cant even do that with any of the OEM wiring involved. The OE wiring has thick insulation, much thicker than the MIL wiring. You could perhaps squeeze two 18 gauge MIL wires side by side, but no way you could squeeze anything next to any OEM wire. And that’s only with the 18 gauge inputs- half of them are 16, and there is no chance even with MIL of making two of those fit in one hole in the connector.

I think g60 guy is right… it needs more acorn nuts and twisted wires.

first of all i have experience, my thought process is not crap, and i dont need to bow down to anyone just because “he shares this with me”

i call it like i see it, i still stand by my original statement and if you dont like it, tough luck

im done with this…

more viper pics!! :wink: