Wiring Drama

What experience do you have and do you have some pictures to share with us?

Posted from tapatalk

I would REALLY like to see what process you use for joining two wires together? You can tell in your infinite wisdom that many of those wires at that junction dont go into the connectors at all, right?

I figure that perhaps you have a miniature ND:YAG pulsed laser based copper welder and a special machine that extrudes new insulation over the two wires joined? It must be some pretty fancy equipment you have in order to call the high-end of industry standard a “hack job”. Considering the industry standard is what, crimp connects, maybe watertight on a good day, with the hobbyist standard being twisted and tape covered box-o-hope?

Do you understand that your argument is basically the same as being upset that your engine has pistons in it because you don’t like their shape? Guess what, they need to be there or the engine wont run. Get over it.

:enter RX7 goofy triangle weirdos:

Lol at how bent out of shape some of you get from random criticism, justified or not.

LOL at you caring enough to post.

When you go out of your way 100% of the time to make sure everything is done perfectly, you might take things a tad personally too. If someone honestly doesn’t care about criticism, then chances are they didn’t put in enough effort in the first place to have it be unjustified.

Starting From Scratch............... | VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum

Name changes to pileofredparts about half way through.

I think this is what you’re looking for:
Here is what is left of my Rallye.............. | VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum

real crap starts on pg 11… ish.

This isn’t the worst. Jus’ sayin’

Just a side comment to this post… With you posting your work on $100k+ project cars that you do go into extreme detail onto a message board like this one, where I’d say 90% believe that a strip, twist, and tape method is an acceptable method of joining wires together; and then taking it personal, comments from these people just shows a little thin skin on your part. Ignorance will always trump logic in masses such as this place. Sad, but true. In a business like you’re running, there are a select few who REALLY appreciate the level of detail that you go into (I personally am one of them, and would love to check out your shop and get a ride in one of your creations one day) and a lot of people who think they know what they’re doing who are the first ones to throw their $0.02 in when their opinion doesn’t mean shit. These are the people you just need to let have their ignorant opinion because nothing you say will change their mind or opinion; This isn’t always easy to do (I fall into this trap and do this myself sometimes); but to be the head of the company that you’re working to build, it’s a skill you HAVE to develop.

I also think it’s worth noting that the 2nd picture (showing the final wrapped harness) wasn’t showing up originally. It wasn’t displayed for me, in fact I didn’t see it until I came back to the thread and started to read all this BS. Maybe he didn’t see it?

And while some like to assume all n00bs are total idiots, from reading brilliantyellowg60’s build thread it appears he has some significant skill. Although I haven’t seen any pictures of his wiring.

One of his build project pages: http://www.smokedtires.com/photography/rallye_project/

His garage:

I know when I originally commented, I didn’t see it (As I stated in my 2nd reply.)

How come everytime Final GTS makes a thread / post you guys shit all over it then talk more shit when he defends himself?

I trust brilliantyellow/Kevin to work on cars more than anyone else in this thread. Just saying. Dude does killer work.

Would you like a cookie?

Brilliant work or not, he did miss the fact that the Dan was splitting wires to 2 controllers.

Could Dan have captioned the picture in the first place to explain that? Sure, but it’s too late now.

So two very capable automotive people had a misunderstanding. Welcome to the internet, lol.

dude grow up and stop acting 12

Thanks, i dont have to prove anything to anyone, my work speaks for itself :wink:

i dont think the viper is flying to the moon and back so aerospace wiring connectors may not be necessary here. I dont even think its going to be leaving the ground so i guess FAA standards dont apply here either. Hmmmm, i guess all your left with is solder and heat shrink. GM weather tite stuff coulda been used but then it would look extremely cluttered/bulky and people would bitch about that as well. I personally think black shrink tube woulda been more pleasing to the eyes resulting in it getting less attention. But either way its functional and realy the last part of the build to even be concerned with.

I think brilliantyellow should post up his builds so we can “help” him out with our ideas.

a couple of my builds were posted up above

flame away, but i am not sure why you are even involved or care

Holy flying spaghetti monster you guys are ridiculous!

fuel for flames, they should have been soldered>taped>heatshrinked :slight_smile:

I have seen worse OEM harnesses than that. I’m with turbociv about it not going to the moon. Looks ok to me.

---------- Post added at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 PM ----------

Even w/ glue heatshrink?