Viper's tend to bite anyone including the owners.

So a popular alarm system among car enthusiasts. but who has one installed and regrets it such as my self?

So I bought one of these systems a wile back thinking what a great en-vestment considering it will page me no matter where i am in the house if my alarm is ever to be set off. Well for that part it worked great it gave me a peace of mine there were times i forgot to lock the car and a quick look to my key chain and bam i know the car is unlocked and i simply lock it no need to go out and check.

Well the horror story is it not only locks out the thieves but also the owners. This has happened about 4 times to me and at one point it almost made me miss my train. (Had to full on 100m sprint.)
Early in the morning going out to the car as i do every morning i went to unlock the car and it gave me a single back saying unable to read the car. well running low on time i tried to brake into my car using the key. and unplugging the battery. Well ill never go into being a thief as i suck at it. plug the battery back in and that thing starts going off again. finally i hit the unlock button again and it disarmed…

After reading reviews i hear of many people having this exact problem.
Going to unlock the car when its cold out on the rare time it will lock the owner out and you have to wait 5-10 mins before the car will allow you access.

So who here knows about this and or has had the same problems? Whats your story?

where did u get it installed? If it was futureshop they have a life-time policy on their install, so if they did do the install give em a shout and they will trouble-shoot free of charge.

I sold many systems and never really heard of that problem.

We installed it are self’s. but before you put it down to installation error. My friend that did 90% of the install is a best buy installer. He has installed this system time and time again. Keep in mind it is almost impossible to trouble shoot as its rarely reproducible. It only happens when its cold so -something. and even when it is cold its rare. i owned the system for 3 years and its happened 4 times.

was the install done in the Best Buy car bay? if soo your still garanteed, i dunno what to say about the weather bit could be the relays acting funny with moisture or could be the brain itself :S

From what i hear others saying its the brain its self getting overloaded. and it takes 5-10 mins to clear or warm up or who knows…

Every single car I’ve owned that came with alarm systems, remote starters, or anything of that nature gets ripped out, immediately.

One of my old s13’s had a remote start that would start itself in my driveway, and one day though it was being stolen and enabled the starter lockout feature. Just an unnecessary headache.

The thieves that will actually take your car aren’t going to be slowed down by a simple alarm system anyway.

sometimes the brain is interchangable with newer models you might be lucky and find one, im planning on getting a viper system myself. The current one i have now with chirp once if someone lifts the door handle lol pretty awesome.