Virginia Beach

I’m off to Virginia Beach tomorrow to present a paper at the Shock & Vibration Symposium. :gives:

Since my company is only paying for half of the time and I have to use vacation for the other half (or make up the time) :mad:, I’d like to have some fun there. Anyone know of anything entertaining around the area?

Keep in mind that I’ll be there with a coworker that’s a born again Christian, and you-know-who will probably read this post too. :wink:

My sister lived there for about 5 years…

When visiting I always went to Rudee’s for she crab soup. Great restaurant at the South end of the beach before the bridge…

http://www.rudees.com/

For nightlife, I used to go to the Jewish Mother. Nice small club atmosphere with good jazz. Right around the center of town.

http://www.jewishmother.com/

T-Shirts…17th street surfshop

Have a good time :beer:

[QUOTE=Jeff95TA]I’m off to Virginia Beach tomorrow to present a paper at the Shock & Vibration Symposium. :gives:

What company do you work for?

Part of my job scope at Sony is environmental testing. We use a 2 axis Team table with Data Physics controls/software.

Our Design Engineering group has been pushing for a three or four axis table…it would be nice to have a local vendor.

I can be e-mailed at: Barry.Miller@am.sony.com

I’ll send you a PM.

capt Georges is awesome place to eat…also have fun going through the tunnel on 64…i hope you time it right

Where’s the tunnel at? I’m driving from the Norfolk airport to Virginia Beach.

No tunnel then…its off 64 if you were driving in from pittsburgh,

have fun at the ghetto beach

va beach is a great place i go to sandbridge its right after va beach ye rudees is good but the place right beside it is good also

dirty deeds done dirt cheap

go to black angus for food best steaks I have ever had and they are huge…there are some nice little bars around like abby road and such

drive 2 hours north and hang out with me! :smiley:

If I could get done early enough one of the days, I’d stop up!

:cool: