Vortec supercharger boost issues?

Mustangs body work is all done and now focusing on mechanical work… Car had like zero brakes, checked everything and finally installed new brake booster which fixed the brake issue… It wasnt building any boost at all and now it is hitting 3-4psi at higher rpms… it has a 3.48" 6 rip pulley which iirc is an 8 psi pulley.

Any ideas on what this could be or does it sound like the supercharger is dicked?

Does that set up have a purge valve or whatever. Could be bleeding all your boost out of that

no valve

check the enis hole by the nut on drivers side.

How old is the belt might be slipping or not have enough tension

was thinking that too, but i guess my buddy said naw…

does the car have head work, cam, or long tube headers?

what headunit (blower model) do you have?

heads are stock, i think cam is stock too, does have h pipe… its a vortec v3, not sure if sc or si trim though… has 3.48" pulley on it.

ok. does it have longtube headers? what size is the lower pulley?

short headers and im not sure

My GTP used to go thru a belt ever 5-6 months depending on how hard I beat it. Small blower pulley + High tension to keep it from slipping would kill it. It would usually begin slipping again on a cool night where boost would normally be in the 15psi range and would drop to 10psi at high RPM. New belt and fixed. They never looked really bad, except the first one before the tensioner upgrade, and you could never hear them slip like a power steering or Alternator squeal. For $40 get a good quality belt and try that.

I’m wondering if the blower is to small for him , it’s a entry level blower and from what I see it don’t push to many c.f.m,s and pulley swapping the shit out of it to make any boost may over spin the blower

Def not, its a car specific blower in which they made 2 models of… A 5-6 psi unit that produced 275whp on a stock 5-0 and an 8-9 psi iirc which produced 331whp on a stock 5.0, both not alot of power… My original thought was it haad to be the cheapest unit possible bc of the condition i aquired the thing in lol, BUT it does have the 3.48" pulley… Either way the blower is set up for that car

Right but u have a bbk Siamese intake and headers , a possible cam etc so ya may be using more air than the blower can push ! I’m not doubting its the right blower at all

wanna pick it up for me and bring it to your shop? lol, its ready to go now

john, we still have no idea how big the lower pulley is. if its smaller than it should be, you will decrease boost. its more than just the pulley size on the blower that dictates boost. if you have headwork and a cam that could also LOWER boost. you are making your motor more efficient. dave, did you measure boost at redline? bc thats where you will see you max psi on a centri type blower.

I’m getting it I guess , I’m gonna measure pulleys and whatnot and see what it does

def do that. boost is just a measurement of restriction. if the motor breathes better and flows more air, your boost will drop a little. but will make more power. does it have a dedicated belt system for the blower, or does it just use a longer serpentine belt? either way. a smaller upper pulley and larger crank pulley will increase boost. larger upper and smaller lower will decrease boost.

…ooorrrrrr just put an LS1 in it and you’re done lol!

I don’t have it yet man , when i do I’m measuring pulleys and seeing what blower specs r first so I now I don’t overdrive it to high and over spin the blower etc .