VQ35DE in a 240sx can it be done?

love the sound of a VQ35

VH45DE !!! my dream swap.

:lol: You know you’re small when…

so after some trial and error this has turned out to be a pretty decent swap

I think more people should be pumped about this

It CAN be done… Any motor can be swapped into a 240… For shits sake you can fit a V8 in there no reason why a VQ couldn’t fit in. It’ll be $$$$$$ though and alot of it, in the end though if you throw on a quick turbo kit, EASILY making 450 hp… and about the same weight as a ka… Another problem is putting the power to the ground VQs are torque whores And it’ll blow the stock 240 diff out… Then there’s the problem of putting it to the pavement… You’d need big ass rubber… Bigger than the 350z as the 240 is like a tin can compared to the 350z. Then you have expenses AFTER the swap… You got to worry about the tires your car will chew and spit out… Worrying about the stress on the drivetrain and even the chassis twisting. If I won’t the lottery I’d put a VR37DETT in a 240 just for the hell of it and mate it to a PPG dogbox… Shit would fly… But yeah for a reliable VQ swap you’re looking at ATLEAST $10,000 plus a ton of custom work might as well go RB26DETT for the cost.

My black s14 i drove in DMCC last year now has a VQ in it.

If you seriously want some more information about it I can pass you my buddys contact who i sold the car to who did the swap.

^That’s not really all that accurate. The 240 drivetrain can take a LOT of abuse, especially the diff. IMO, VQ swaps into an S-chassis aren’t worth it, because the motorsets are really expensive, and you can get an LS1 w/ T56 for same or less and it’s more power.

They can take abuse to a certain extent… Perfect example is JLee and Budgell? Snapping their diffs drifting… A VQ makes a SHIT load of torque… Look how fast the G35 and 350z accelerate… A VQ swap in a 240 with a 6speed box and a upgraded LSD, lightweight drive shaft, flywheel, and a nicely gripping clutch even in N/A form would be insanely quick… V format motors aren’t my thing though… I like high revving turbo’d I6/4’s in my opinion.

They can be amazing N/A alternatives to a V8, especially since it’s a Nissan heart inside too!
+1 for a VQ motor…especially in a lighter chassis like a S13 or S14 lol

must be pretty pricey tho to spot the engine and tranny!