Maxima VQ30DE in a 240SX?

You bet…here’s the pics…

http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB9&Number=67952681&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

And who ever said a VH41 V8 couldn’t be put into an S13?

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=393421&page=1&pp=15

Pure sillyness…I love it!

Hmmm all I see are some pictures of engines sitting on hoists. Try again later when they actually have engines in cars and running pics?

I dont really see the point of using a VQ30DE why not a 300zx motor and tranny wouldnt that be easier and have more aftermarket for power?

I like the idea of using a nissan V8 but there is almost no after market for these engines. something that has always seemed interesting is the idea of putting in a Ford 302ci in but thats not keeping things within the family. whatever a new swap is always cool because you have to do everything yourself :D/

The guy with the VH41 in his S13 had a bunch of pictures on photobucket.com, but for some reason, they were deleted last December, and I missed them. (Otherwise, I would have saved them to my computer).

Here are some other frankencar swaps…

Lexus LS400 in an S13?
http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB9&Number=67874819&Forum=All_Forums&Words=9138&Match=Username&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=67873677&Search=true#Post67874819
Here’s a 2jz-gte powered s14
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=800765

VG30ET would be alright.
VG30DET is a bit on the big and heavy side, although they can make huge power.

But really, when going to a VQ why not a VQ35DE? Great motors, aluminum block, not very heavy, respond extremely well to boost.

Still, interesting swap.

The VQ35 has an electronic throttle. Plus it’s going to cost much more than the VQ30.

As well, if you use the 350Z transmission, there aren’t hookups for the speddometer. If you want a functional speedometer, you’ll want to use the 350Z differential/carrier since thats where the speed sensor is located.

The VQ30 is a very lightweight engine. Two people can pick it up. I think the balance of the 240sx would be greatly improved with this engine swap.

This is all true, although I’m not sure how much the VQ30 actually weighs, and how that would effect the weight distribution. It’s pretty much 52/48 f/r already, so it really only needs some fine tuning to be 50/50 balanced. Will have to look into the weight of the engine though.

Weren’t VQ30DETT’s used for JGTC skylines?

Yes the VQ has powered Nissan GT500 cars for several years since they bailed on the RB. The VQ is also curently used on the GT500 Fairlady Z which is esentially the exact same car as the old GT500 GTR.

Top Secret in Japan is famous for doing engine swaps like this.

They’ve put a 2JZ in a WRX wagon, an SR20det in a 350Z, an RB26dett in to a mkIV Supra and why you ask? Well because they can.

Almost anything can fit in to anything it mainly comes down to $ and how much you want to spend. Top Secret has the money, the knowledge and facilities to do all there own custom work and it ALWAYS looks sick!

Someday someone will go nuts and drop a nice 350 V8 in a 240sx.

:lol:
*Tek reaches into his trusty gymbag and hands that guy^^^ a useful garment when making domestic import swaps. Flameproof suit.

It’s been done man. I forget which board I read it on, I think it was Nico, but it’s been done. Stupid waste of time in my opinion but hey, if the person likes it that is all that matters.

AFAIK, they use the VQ32DETT in JGTC, but I haven’t read up if it’s a bored/stroked 30, or a destroked 35.

Sorry it’s the VQ30DETT that has been used in the GT500 car since 2002/2003. Google is your friend :slight_smile:

Well… me = pwned.

I have pics of a Ford 302 with a blower in a S13a, an LS1 in an S13a as well as in an S14. If I could host the pics, I would post them for you. Unfortunately, I have dial-up, so I cannot.

The LS1 in the S13 is now available as a kit (the mounting brackets), for those who may be interested.

I’ve wanted a V8 in my S13 since '98, with sidepipes and a ‘few’ other goodies. It’s always fun chatting with the import group who think it’s sacriligeous to even suggest such a thing. And the domestic guys who think it’s a waste of a perfectly good engine, putting it into an import. Can’t please anyone on this topic. But that’s not my intention. I’m just gonna please me. :smiley:

No, not owned. You= learned. Next time you’ll know.

BTW I had to use google to double check my facts anyway. :lol: