vg30dett in a 240sx

a friend and myself have been thinkin of doing the swap. anyone done this before?
i got a good guy with the motor that will hook me up
how hard is the harness wireing??
and what about just the labour on the swap? custom mounts???
i know there is poroably gunna have to be a custom shaft and maybe a custom shift hole cut.
anything im overl ooking?

I was also thinking of doing a similar swap, you definetly need a custom one piece driveshaft and possibly mounts, I know it fits like a glove though, if you decide to do it tell us how it goes this would be sick

i just found a guy who relased a mounting kit on nico. he said that it is in very good price range. the kit is in working, you need custom front subframe, j20 oil pan. and some other stuf.
now i need to get a doner s13 chassis… the motor is not hard to come by they go pretty cheap from importers.
i need to find out more on the kit for sure. ill let u know if im going to go threw iwith it

you’re going to have clearence issue with your hood
so don’t be surprised if you have to make some holes on the hood to close it
but then again… that would be least of your worries :stuck_out_tongue:

yea the only thing that is worring me about going about this is just the driveshaft ha!
ill let you guys know if i actually end up going threw with this. its still up in the air with a friend and myself

yeah, look up the thread on nico for the kit.

or find the may issue of Modified

Turbonetics has one. It’s a VQ, but same shit.

Hell, even the VG30DE is worth looking into. More power and more torque than an SR, way cheaper to buy, parts available.

Pig heavy S14s could use the weight up front.

if u do go and do it i got a guy who does high speed balance alumunie one piece drive shafts

Too much work and wont fit with the TTs, youll have to go single. Plus its pig heavy. Forget the idea.

the JDM vg30det in the leopards is a better idea, they are availible through places like tiger auto and other engine imports for around the same as an sr20det

it def does fit the tt’s with not to much problem at all, i already investagated

In modified mag a few months ago they put a vq35de in an s14 then twin turboed it. It seemed to to fit well but they had some problem with the wireing, i think they needed the 350z display. Regardless my point is if a twin turbo vq can fit why not a vg30

go on nico theres a guy will a whole thread about his swap or something

i read the whole post 15+ pages of his swap and made me want to do it, and the VG30DETT DOES fit, with some minor mod to the subframe. a custom y pipe, oil reloaction kit. and he didnt cancel OUT ANY of the options that came with the car. (eg. powersteering,ac)
amazing, and easy with the time and the effort…the only thing now is…do i wanna put the effort in throwin a 300hp V6 twin turbo. just maybe :slight_smile:

How much will it be cost wise tho?

Imo, it’s a lame swap. The VG is too heavy as KoukiS14 already stated, and the VQ is too expensive. To do a VQ swap, will cost you very close to doing an LS1 swap, and the LS1 guy will blow your doors off and laugh at you.

LS1 ftmfw.

the vg30dett i am not putting in a s14, a s13 if i do go threw with it and for the kit its nothing.

Seriously stick to the SR or turbo your KA if you want to have a running car this century.

I know it sounds cool but theres a reason no one is doing it.

i do have a s13 sr20, but i am thinkin of gettin a rollin chassis i can slack on andget this motor runnig, the reason its not being done is the cusom subframe work and what not. its not that hard…just need to be patient.