vg30dett in a 240sx

get a VQ35 instead, its lighter then the KA and has alot of potential (forged crank like the VQ). If you get a maxima/altima VQ35, you’ll need to swap out the oil pan, flywheel and starter.

Before beginning any project, the question to be asked of oneself is not “how?”, but “why?”
Can you honestly answer a “why?” that is satisfying to yourself?

why? to do something people doubt and think is not easy or possible. why? to show people what the vg has for power in a lighter chassis. why? to prove my self to be able to do it. why? CAUSE ITS MOTHA FUCKIN BALLIN

and how. im not sure yet. or even if im gunna. but we will see

You have to do it. If u have time money and skills, then do it, I wanna see the updates.

Hey konvokiller, I’m in the same boat as you. I have a 92’ Coupe with a Sr20 aswell. Lately I have been wanting more. I know the Sr has plently of potential and its a wicked motor, but at the end of the day it will always be a 4-banger.

I want a more badass “umph” from the red light and also the awesome sound of a twin-cam 6cyl.

Personally I’m looking into a 2J swap in my garage this winter. Just curious, why not the 2J?

Gimmie 1 good reason instead of “keeping a nissan motor in a nissan car etc” just curious cause I might change my mind aswell.

Cheers and good luck with the swap!

well one reason why i want to go with the vg30dett is because i can get the motorset for really cheap. i havnt looked into the cost of a 2jz but that would be a wicked swap and i give u alot of respect for doing it.
another main reason why i want to do it is because people say its “Not possible” or to much work and all that.
you ahve to keep me posted on the 2j swap i would love to do the swap.

im still debating if i want to do this swap, just mainly because of the moeny space and it is summer time so i want to enjoy it.

but i willl let you guys know if i do decide to start it.

Awesome I’ll let you know when I start aswell. As for cost of motors I usually look at : https://www.tigerjapanese.com/index.php

Decent prices I think, and my buddy got a motor from them and he has had no complaints. Your right the VG is much cheaper then the 2J I personally just like the idea of 1 headgasket, 2 cams as opposed to 4, ease of tuneups etc. I guess I have just heard more about the 2J so I dont really know much of the VG to compare the both.

But either way Im going to do one of them and let some of these guys chirp about weight etc. When we pull up to the meet it’ll be crowds around our 240’s not theirs lol.

The advantage of the 2J is that it puts your exhaust manifold on the passenger side, so you’re not melting brake masters. I’m not sure if there’s one with a 2J, but I’ve seen an S14 with a 1J. It hawlz arse.

That’s pretty sweet, didn’t even think of that. Although that swap would be pretty pricey, but worth it for a shop with a show car to do it.

i m gonna assume the 1jz is first gen supra engine, i think, there was a s13 with a 2jz in peformance and sound magazine last month, with silvia front end, it was pretty cool looking but styll, i would go rb26 if i was going that route.