Vtec Timer ?

Ok I have a 2000 Prelude and am sick of having to get up to around 5500 rpm to have the vtec kick in so I was curious as to anyone opinions on timers and setups to get the vetc to kick on sooner maybe around 4k let me know guys not a full on Honda guy yet still mopar at heart

Yea, the cool thing is you will gain about 50-60 horsepower. You can also inject nitrous with an electric turbo for further incredible gains.

ok…dont know if thats serious or sarcasm …like I said not a honda guy so was wondering about adjusting it thats all

you can by a vtec controller which lets you adjust it yourself, though its better to do on a dyno so you can put it at the exact crossover point

The easiest way to adjust your VTEC engagement point on that car would be to get an Apexi VAFC that would allow you to lower the engagement point and also make adjustments to your fuel supply (in a round about way).

Adjusting the VTEC engagement most likely will not really net you any noteworthy gains though, especially without some sort of tuning (dyno or street/wideband). Also, the VTEC engagement point can be lowered using a simple RPM triggered switch, however such a simple set-up will not also get desired fuel settings to go with the more agressive VTEC cam lobes.

Basically you are wasting your time. …in a blunt way. Honda made vtec kick in at a certain rpm for a certain reason. Unless you have some heavy mods we don’t know about.

since you have a prelude, vtec crossover engages at 5k rpms. the best ways were already stated, the apexi vafc. your going to want to get a tune and dyno to make sure your getting the max power though, so be prepared to adjust other things as well. if you want more power, go turbo or get a supercharger

I would go with AEM EMS to change it over!!!

i heard driving it over a cliff will make it cross over faster as well…

Don’t waste your money on a V-afc… You dont have enought done to it to make any more horsepower. Once you get to that point, just go AEM EMS.

i got a Vafc for sale 100 bux obo

id upgrade things a bit to get more out of your engine…new pistons…con rods…cams…cranck…and possibly adjustment for some kind of forced induction…then worrie about playing with the vtec timing…i dont know what mods ya have allready…but thats what id do first…this way…your open to more possibilitys…insted of just a timer…good luck