VTEC question

well i need a new VTEC pressure sensor but cant afford it this week because i have to purchase a new o2 sensor, but is there anyway i can bypass the pressure sensor so VTEC does engage?

If the sensor is shot, I’d say no, but if it’s in the wiring just run a 12volt wire with a switch and turn the switch on above your vtec crossover rpm. Or just stay the fuck out of vtec for a week and save gas.

ground the wire for the vtp

or you can wire up a switch in the cabin and turn it on yourself.

[quote=“ieatpaint315,post:2,topic:27881"”]

Or just stay the fuck out of vtec for a week and save gas.

[/quote]

:word:

No point in doing half-assed redneck engineering, while waiting a whole week. But yes, you could just run power to it so it does engage.

thats what i did while i waited for my new ECU after the motor swap, it works just fine.
just something to get you by until the pressure sensor is fixed.

thanks for the info guys :smiley: i think im gonna wire a temp switch until i can get a new switch

np glad to be of help

You can’t wait an entire week, instead you would rather ghetto rig something together? WOW.:roll2:

YEAH SERIOUSLY. THATS A REALLY GHETTO FIX. :tspry:

hey it works and its an easy fix, if he wants to get his vtec running while he waits then that works. its his choice leave it be.

[quote=“JDMjunkie,post:7,topic:27881"”]

thanks for the info guys :smiley: i think im gonna wire a temp switch until i can get a new switch

[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

CAUSE THATS WHAT ALL THE COOL KIDS ARE DOING

you can’t afford a pressure sensor, yet you’re planning on buying an evo?

Wait. You’re going to rig in a switch so that you can manually switch cam profiles? You can’t go a week without that extra 3 whp? Or do I not understand what you’re doing?

why does everyone have to be a dick about everything?

[quote=“JDMjunkie,post:15,topic:27881"”]

why does everyone have to be a dick about everything?

[/quote]

:lol:

You know man, you’re right.

Anyway to ghetto rig it so you have full vtec @ idle? Inquiring minds want to know.

Heh. And out of nowhere Matt rips a zinger.

if you dont have vtec dont go over 4500 rpms…id say take the bus for a week till you get the right stuff

okay now if i wire in a switch, i would wire up a ground, and then the wire that goes to the computer correct? do i have to wire in power?