VW reliability

:squint:

well now i was fucking around with you on here and forgot to go to the pittspeed lunch meet at pirmanti’s…

:embarass:

get goin

i would like to note that after 1/2 yr of jsut sitting, another 1/2 yr of use only on fridays and saturdays (for 10 mins at a time each day), and the abuse ive been putting it through for 4 months, my 2.0 jetta still runs damn strong and has had barely any issues. im 23 miles away from the 124k mark and im amazed that it still runs great. i redline it damn near everyday and its barely burnt any oil at all. i put in about 1/8 of a quart since my last oil change which has been about 7k miles.

sorry but i think that the reliability issues are a little on the BS side. im ot exactly sure how vr6s and 1.8Ts do, but from my experience with the 2.0 it cant be a bad one at all. i love my vdub :op:

strap a turbo on it, then lets see how long that lil 2.0 lasts!!

wasnt meant for a turbo buddy! hence why it would go a little quick if you did.

you obviously never drove a 2.0, that was the best mod i ever did… it was deifinitely made for it

http://www.gowhitey.com/users/gallery2/albums/Pittspeed-Shirt/amazing2.gif
its got reliability

only way u will kill an 8v motor is run it w/ no oil or coolant. Even then, it will try not to give up the ghost. i went 30 miles w/ no waterpump–no coolant–and still kept going. Drove habs scirocco from columbus w/ blown headgasket back home–it made it.

as for new vw’s, sonny mentioned all the recalls. Hence why the poor rating. Why isn’t there any Audi a4/a6/a8 on that list? They are pretty much the same mechanically…

is the phaeton an a6 or a8?

I know the passat is an a4

and the gti is an a3 (not released in america)

VWs are reliable…you can rely on them breaking down every three months…lol… :blanyer:

what in the world are you talking about

aX is the chassis…

a passat is a b5

a 99+ gti/jetta is an a4

i don’t know what the phaeton would be considered… quick search on vwvortex will tell you though…

my gti always got me from point A to B. I drive it pretty hard everytime, its all about keeping up with maintainance, which isnt cheap if you have someone else do it, but most of this shit you can do yourself. my biggest problem was the damn window regulators but the dealership fixed it for free.

I mean what is it, VW to Audi equivelant

not talking about chassis…

I know in Europe, there is an A3, which looks like a GTI

I thought the A4 and the Passat were the same thing?

http://ls1tech.com/forums/images/smilies/LS1Tech/gr_rainbow.gif

i do have a 2.0. and im aware that with a turbo itd be quick. but how could it survive w/180whp and stock internals? even with my stock forged internals i think itd shit out real soon

a Toyota Corolla is more reliable than a VW?

No fucking shit.

You buy a VW because you’re a VW-head, not because it scores high in reliability or any other practical test.

Same reason people buy a Mac.

As for the “any import is more reliable than a domestic” arguement? A new Cavalier is much more reliable than my girlfriend’s Mini.