vw=sti w/ mods

if you would have read the post more carefully you would know it is no longer stock, so at this piont yes much faster…But even with the APR Stage 3 kit the WRX not only feels faster, it is> Hey i know were your coming from i thought my VW was the best thing on 4 wheels until i bought a japanesse car! The quailty / looks of a VW in my opinion are great but unfortunatley i realized making one fast was an expensive habbit going no where!

03, 04 whatever. :slight_smile: first year sti

So are you saying stock WRX vs chipped VW your WRX is faster or heavily modded vs heavily modded your WRX is faster? Ah, nevermind. It doesn’t matter since it’s all bench racing anyways. My money would still be on an STI vs an APR tuned 2.0T. APR 2.0T vs stock '06 WRX I think would be close. But again, pointless bench racing.

Sounds like you have and do own some nice cars. :tup:

Oh, and I agree the level of fit and finish on VW’s is great. Unfortunately that also makes them heavy and thus difficult to make “fast”. They also don’t exactly have Japanese reliability. Although I like mine, it probably won’t be long before it’s gone and there’s an E36 in its place…

i’d be willing to bet his GLI is somewhere around that too.

moral of this story is don’t post VW kill stories on here unless you’re killing a VW. i never post my kill stories (i don’t have any, but i wouldn’t if i did)

race my STI plz

i’m all stock :slight_smile:

APR stg3 runs 380cc injectors. Maybe thats why your gli loses to your wrx.

edit: i also don’t believe in any instance of reasonable driving skill that a 2.0t will keep up with an sti. I call this null.

Brian it is not a complete apr stage 3 kit…For all intensive purposes i called it an APR stage 3 b/c it utilizes several parts from it. It is a collection of parts myself and a my tuner assembled and put together. But thank you for trying to call my bullshit…hahaha

Brendon

trust me, i have nothing to prove… i am not here to make a name for my gti or anythign, i am just saying what happened! there is no exageration at all.

I am willing to run skruge (as long as you are stock) agian, i dont care who i beat or beat me im just trying to see where i am compared to others.

and i belive ive seen stage 3 1.8t’s runnning in the 12’s…not 14’s…seeing as how chip/i/e 1.8t’s run mid to low 14’s.

Maybe if i would have spent the money to buy a real APR Stage 3 kit i would be running 12’s , but hell i dont think my WRX would run 12’s

again? i’ve never ran you?

and yes my car is all stock minus all the resonators in the intake have been removed

when ya want to meet up?

oops, i placed the comma in the wrong spot. It ment to say… ,agian, i dont care how i do. I just want to see what my lil vw has.

i wouldnt mind seeing how i end up agianst you. deff a roll race tho… as you will kill me from a dig.
maybe like 20 to 120 ish??

No doubt.

My jetta 1.8t is a bit quicker than my cousin’s stock 06 STI from 2nd-3rd. He starts to pull after I shift to 4th.

roll is fine i guess

I got smoked by a 1.8 jetta once, begging of this summer, it was silver, sounded real mean!

Don’t forget about me:wave:, I never ran a new GTI before.

3-way sam? :slight_smile:

sure it wasn’t brett’s supercharged VR6?

i’ve never seen a true stage 3 apr setup put someone in 12’s. that seems a bit extreme.

X2

for the record, i just asked a friend of the two racers why it happened and his response was mike [sti driver] is…“one, a terrible driver and two…a terrible driver.”