vw16vcabby's 1986 vw 16v turbo cabriolet

can’t wait to see what kinda numbers this cabby will do on the track.

didint know i had a deadline to meet. all is know is those fwd hondas better find some way of hooking, b/c im not coming out until im ready to run and 100% done in my eyes.

BRAVO looks great. all you need to do is stretch a pair of tires…just kidding

looks good but looks better in person can’t wait to hear it run congrats

we better get mike started on it then!

I already have. :mullet:

well gee, by then we’ll be cutting 1.5 60’ times on all season tires. :booty: :itr41:

the cabby is lookin good though :bigthumb:

lol my new tires will be obsolete

thank u.

should fire up tomorrow…

Awesome. The Cabby’s come a long way

beat me to gettin ish done…looks good sailor!!!

I wanna see a pic of that exhaust :beer:

The beast has arisen!

Bitch Basket’s looking pretty sweet sailor… 1 of a kind… can t wait till its done!!

well, car is 95% done.

here is all i need.

electronic boost controller
15lb wastegate spring
alignment
inspection
tune

i been doing alot of little shit on it the past month, mostly fab shit and cleaning it up. unlike the last time around, everything is neat and proper. just hope like last time, i can beat the piss out of it and it keeps running strong.

i actually have had the car outside and drove it around the parking lot. but my trips are limited because i changed my alternator setup last second to something cleaner. what fucks me though is the crank pulley i need to use needs milled 6mm to attach to the crank so belts align. this drives the waterpump and the alternator. so a double whammy of no cooling and no charging.

i have 4 pulleys out trying to get done now for almost a month. should have one back on wednesday-- so that means i will be running again.

be nice to be ready to go by thunder in the burgh. but if not, no biggie. catch me on the street or track.

since my intiial post, the aeromotive pump died. was replaced w/ a bosch 044 pump. i changed th ealternator setup from audi 120 amp and fabed brackets to a mk3 golf jetta serpetine setup. also finished the interior.

:bigok:

Came a long way from the days of cleaning the injectors in the parking lot at UPJ.

PICS!! :bigthumb:

congrats mike!

Sailor … Sounds good … but I cant see the pics …

Congrats bro

update…

put about 1000 miles on it this last summer. injectors were to small to turn up the boost. Most i made was 18lbs, 3 lbs more than i ever ran when it was a 12 second daily driver.

after getting pissed off in august when it ran hot on the way to flash light drags, the car sat. i ignored it for 2 months. culprit was a hose clamp that came loose. engine is ok…

now i been redoing it.

automatic tranny w/ 4k stall, reverse manual valve body and drive shaft shop stage 5 axles, dont forget the b&m shifter too.

turbo changes to a 35r. bigger injectors to help it out.

switching from aem wideband to ngk’s. ngk uses the ntk sensor, it is more accurate. my aem was all over the place.

and lastly, i’m either buying an all aluminium scirocco rad, or making my own. gotta find a nice core. plan is to use a dual fan setup on the rad, but i need a slimline fan setup to clear the intake. probably grab a rocco rad from summit and a flexalite dual fan setup.

have the tranny, have the money for the turbo and inejctors, a few side jobs away from having the money for the o2 sensor and the rad setup.

see ya on the street this year.

oh boy. i so cant wait to see this thing