vw16vcabby's 1986 vw 16v turbo cabriolet

Mike is slow right now it would be a good time to get that stuff you wanted painted!

Did you stop up McDonalds in Belle Vernon in the summer time? If this is the VW that stopped up its preety badass

car looks amazing sailor i just looked thru ur pics and WOW u did a awesome job and looks even cooler in person:cool: :cool: :bigthumb: :beer:

any idea what its getting down to the wheels?

i was at 300 whp range when i last ran the car at the track in 2003. in 2002, w/ 10lbs of boost car made 220whp/240 tq and ran 13.7 @ 100. w/ the 300 range (15lbs), car ran 12.7 @ 110.

will be more than that now. dont really care for dyno numbers. my main concern is et. I have my mind set on what type of et’s i wanna run. anything more than that is a bonus. Should be in the 500whp range all said and done going through an automatic drivetrain. maybe more, depends on how much i lean on the motor.

friends think i will go quicker than what i have my mind set at. i dont care. as im going to build a rwd car for low et’s… this is the 1st car i ever owned and built. It is pretty much at the point of how i want it. so im ready to move on. been fucking w/ it since july of 1999 when i bought it.

its all MPH fuck ET :tounge:

i hear ya on that, the truck was my first vehicle too…now i’m ready to move on tooo

I want to be at THAT part out…:bowdown: But I think Sonny and Val would beat me to that punch…

It’s going into Sailor’s collection after retirement. :wink:

new wideband o2 setup ordered today, crank finally goes out to get machined for the torque convertor. need to build a new manifold due to starter placement. so w/ that in mind, the 35r gets canned and a t4 based turbo goes on. getting a flexplate made to sfi specs.

other than that, nothing new. may put a bmw e-30 dash in the car.

very cool… keep us updated!

Good like mike!

very nice!

coo good luck