W12 A8 > audi S4 > friends S4 > V10 touareg TDI

decided to make a few pulls the other day coming home from my friends house. I am in my Audi A8 and he is in his S4.

Audi A8 W12: factory rated to 450hp (dyno 383 AWHP). I removed the exhaust so it might have .3 more hp now + it is super loud

friends 2000 S4 (manual): gutted stock down pipes, after market cat back MTM stage 3 tune with stock turbos (17psi tapers to 15 near red line)

we raced three times and I pulled 1-2 cars on him each time. The A8 is a beast :bigtup:

last night we raced again only I was driving my S4 instead of my A8. I thought for sure he was going to destroy me because I have a auto S4.

My S4 (automatic): 3" 034 downpipes, 3.5" 034 full exhaust, 034 bi pipes, 034 coil conversion, Unitronic stage 2 tune. 19psi with a boost controller cutting it down to 14 psi. stock turbo with 145K

I pulled about a car hand held it on 4 different races. All of the runs started around 40mph in second gear on both of our cars but apparently my car is just breathing a bit better or my manual boost controller has been creeping up on me and it is running more boost than what I set it at.

04 V10 TDI touareg: muffler delete and Unitronic stage 1+ tune.

I dropped my truck down into second gear and waited for 3 beeps. I drop the go pedal to the floor and look over and watch my friends S4 creep on me. Then my truck shifts into third gear and he starts walking me. I was hopeful that when he shifted I would gain some ground, and then it hit me that he had not shifted yet. Around 100 he was pulling me hard. I called him and he started at the bottom of 4th and still pulled me hard… oh well it is a heavy ass truck what are you going to do. Good times. It is rare that I get to run all of my vehicles against the same car to compare them so closely. I didn’t expect my A8 to beat him, and I REALLY didn’t expect my S4 to beat him.

edit: Raced a 2011 S4 with a cold air intake with the W12. The W12 has a tune now so it might be a bit quicker than when I raced the other cars. Outside temp was 12 deg

Race 1: Dig race: I left traction control on and it cut power when it started spinning so I got out of the power right away.
Race 2: 30 roll: I left a tad late but the S4 pulled out to a car and a half and at 110 I stared walking back up on it.
Race 3: dig race: S4 pulls about a car and a half and I start walking back up at 110
race 4,5,6,7,8,9 and 10 all had the same results. I went through a quarter tank of gas trying to get a different result but it is always the same. The S4 pulls about a car and a half and at 110-115 I start walking up when we got out of the power.

We kept shutting down at the top of whatever gear the S4 was in but if we kept going I would cruis past him on the next gear change because I have a lot of gear to run out still. We discussed running to 150-160 to see if the result would be different but I declined because I am a pussy.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lq34bgrqZQ1qhtnb0o1_500.gif

Damn nice :tup:

And then all their control arms fell off and coil packs went bad :smiley:

LOL can I get a coil pack for an '06 TDi? :ham:

X…

either somethings up with his or just needs a plain old simple driver mod, no tip stg2 should pull on a stg 2 manual unless the mtm tune is garbage, maybe his car has more weight?

:tup: to the a8 hauling ass in comfort!!!

the MTM stages are different than the rest of the industry. a stage 3 mtm (Ko3 tune) runs 17psi and at 5500rpm drops the boost to 15. the stage 2 unitronic runs 19psi. I have my boost clipped so I am not running 19psi. His car runs very well I can assure you. plus or minus a what ever was in his trunk would not have impacted the results. The MTM tuns is a outstanding tune and is not designed to push components hard. It is designed for reliability where the unitronic tune is much more aggressive. I would not expect a super long service life with stock turbos on 19psi. just my opinion.

I <3 my A8

God im jealous. The W12 A8 is like top 5 on my favorite cars list hsha. U must feel like The trasnporter every damn day lol

want to buy it? I will be selling it soon. That car is really bad ass. unlike transporter mine actually has a W12 in it.

How much you want for it

I am going to list it at 29 and the no Bullshit price is 27k if I can sell it quick.

Eh i believe in Trasporter 3 he’s in a W12. But yea i absolutly love that motor and the car. For people that dont know the W12, its Actually 2 VR6 engines kinda matted into 1 12 cylinder 6.0L motor. Fucking European Brillance at its best!

rumor is that it was a V8 made to look like a w12. at any rate the whole 2 VR6’s mated together is not entirely accurate. The cylinder layout is similar and that is the only thing they share in common. I will give it brilliant though. too bad GM didn’t make a engine with that much power… oh wait the LS7 makes more power and cost at least 10K less to build :slight_smile:

Lol in any event its a cool motor and a semi rare car. Shouldnt last too long here in buffalo.

somedude is your s4 blue with gunmetal black rims ? i drove by a b6 s4 today on Sheridan. This thing sounded beast. I was in a black b7 s4, passenger gave me a thumbs up and complimented my exhaust.

No mine is a b5 and is silver with grey wheels

updated the first post with another race

Would be interested to see what happens with my truck and the w12. you’ll have about 40 more hp to the wheels according to your numbers and my presumed numbers after tune this week. What’s it weigh? I remember the tim hortons meet we were at in the spring your car was pretty torquey off the line

they are not my numbers. They are innovative’s dyno numbers. The car definitely moves out for its size, I think I read on the audi forums that it is around 4600-4700lbs