>Want to Borrow 96-98 Civic Headlights

Wondering if any one has some spare stock 96-98 civic headlights that I can borrow for an inspection. I’ll leave my current headlights with you as collateral. Will only need to borrow it for a few hours. If you have working bulbs in them that would be awesome. Let me know. Thanks.

They wont pass ur headlights?? And what would the reason be?

So wait youll leave your broken headlights as collateral :crazy

makes TOTAL sence

6SPD EG has a set of black housing headlights for your civic. PM him an offer

headlights don’t have DOT stamped on them. They are in perfect working order otherwise. Guy at inspection didn’t pass my car just cause of that. Was wondering if anyone here was willing to help a fellow member out. Thanks anyway.

don’t recall saying anywhere in my first post that my headlights were broken.

thanks I guess.

Id just go somewhere else for an inspection thats retarted. If you dont mind me ask what assholes did you bring your car to for an inspection?

Yep true. My brother tried to get it inspected in latham, near target. Forgot the name of the garage. I’ll try my luck somewhere else, but would rather save myself $25 and minimize the risk of failing again by borrowing someone else’s headlights.

If any of you know a decent place to get an inspection, would be appreciated. I live in clifton park fyi.

Lemme shed some light on this…

Prophet is my brother- he’s on vacation so I brought his Civic to Warren Tire on Route 7 to get an inspection.

The Civic has some aftermarket headlights that are supposedly DOT legal, but the guy inspecting says that without DOT engraved on the headlight they won’t pass it.

His headlights are completely functional otherwise- he is just looking for a way to get the inspection sticker because the car is 100% legit.

Unless someone can recommend a place that won’t fail him for not having this DOT mark on his aftermarket headlights, he will pass with stockers at Warren if someone could help him out by lending him headlights.

take it to 88slowmaroo /thread

That’s actually a completely legit reason to fail somebody. I did it numerous times for the ricer tail lights. LMAO. You can bolt trailer lights to the back of your car and that passes. Had to call DMV on that one… Yes it did happen!

6SPD EG has modded stock headlights that should pass. They are factory with appropriate DOT #s on them. He is gonna want some $$$ tho. You’re just gonna need them again next year anyway.

i have some but they have broken tabs… you are more than welcome to them… i live an hour west of albany tho…

Definately another reason not to take it to a chain place for an inspection. Theyre usually assholes and will fail a car for bullshit reasons like this.

I cant believe they actually looked for DOT on the headlights. Ive never heard of that happening before.

thanks for the help, already got my car inspected . mods pls close.