Want to go faster

So lately when Ive been riding my '07 Polaris Outlaw 500 down railroad tracks Ive been topping out the gears pretty quick including 5th. Im looking for stuff to do to it to make it faster, preferably inexpensive mods that dont involve tearing the engine apart.

So far its all stock except for a K&N air filter.

Im not looking to make it a full on race quad since I mainly ride trails and thru mud. Just seeing what I can do to make it a little faster.

big cam

show us your power.

i’ve got a stage2 hot cam in mine. thing flys.

I really dont want to tear into the motor like that though.

The quad actually runs great but I hit the top of 5th alot.

its ez bro

not for me though. I dont fuck with shit in motors

“want to go faster”

LOL

whats so funny? Thats what I want to do

if ur running out of gears mods are only going to make u run out that much faster.

go up a tooth or 2 on the fron sprocket. this will make gearing longer and more speed. you’ll loose a lil bottom end but nothing big. those machines were geared super low from the factory.
about 20$ or so for a new sprocket. this will be ur cheapest way for more speed.

get some new tires before you get more power… remember when you got stuck goin up that hill and i zipped up like nuttin?

About how much bottom end do you think Ill lose? Alot of the riding I do is on tight trails and dont get out of second.

Something to look into

when these are shot Ill get new ones. I know they blow

mine were shot and i creeped up just fine.

not enough to be concerned about.:thumbup

or just buy bigger tires when u get new one’s.:thumbup

Like Hank said, gear it, and if ya still want more power do a header/exhaust and jet it. Your not going to lose too much low end, you’ll just be able to be in each gear longer.

gear it , exh ,good tires and the best mod of all rider mod

Ill have to look into changing that sprocket then.

Exhaust costs a little too much for right now and so do tires.

let the quad be get the mustang together fuckstick

Its gonna be done eventually but for now Ive gotta have fun on the quad.

no. no you dont.