Wanted 94-97 Powerstroke Diesel Ford.

looking for something auto regular or extended cab prefer a short box 4x4. kind of picky on it but there is alot of them out there so i figured id post. let me know what you guys have or maybe seen around town? F-250 or F-F350 is fine.

any reason why 94-97? its not a powerstroke but i know a guy thats got 3 or 4 cummins diesel rams for sale

do you know if hes got any holset turbos laying around?
oh and sorry for thread jacking :lol

pm me on what you want and i’ll see what he’s got.

pm’d

94-97 because they seem to be cheaper. a 96-97 would be better because i can get a hand held tuner/programmer.

i could possibly be interested in the dodges depending on the price and if they are driveable or in mechanically sound condition? years?

DSMers and there holsets…

what are you looking to spend

4500 tops. actually looking for a truck to plow with and work.

Good luck finding a Ford that age thats not all rusted out and doesnt need extensive front end work.

:+1 or the oil pan rotted out, bad tranny ,bad fuel and brake lines ,need i go on the ford diesel,s are garbage esp the older ones unless they were anally maintained and most arent ,id look for a duramax way more power and trq less problems :nod

gl finding a duramax for 5k… the 01’s are still bringin some serious money still/

for 5 grand the only diesel you will find is one wit a million miles and worked to death on its knees ,wit that said id look for a big gas motor instead for that price range be better off

QFT

if you search MA NJ ect i am seeing alot actually that im going to check out this weekend between 4-6k years are anywhere from low mileage 94-97 and higher mileage 98-01’s i found an 01 with an assload of miles 314k for $4500… seems to be in good shape other than the miles… and all older diesels would need to be properly maintained weather its a ford dodge or chevy it doesnt matter. they’ll last as long as you treat them well.

dodges- good engines junk tranny’s and rear ends
older chevys… junk engines that dont take well to mods
Fords- bad 5-speed trannys is what i see the most…

I found a good deal on one. 96 F250 reg cab auto 4x4. 199k! woohoo, this post can be locked/deleted thanks guys!

the 6.5 is not bad if you relocate the pmd with a heatsink

we have a few powerjokes at my work if you are still looking, but they are all newer than '97 iirc.

Duramax way less problems??? :crackup I worked at a Chevy dealer and would not own a Duramax other than the BRAND NEW ones. They had tons of injectors issues…coolant disappearing…starters falling out…you name it…

BTW…he got a 96 7.3 PSD F250 with 199k and it runs awesome…barely any rust

compare the years. im a chevy guy through and through. but i dont see many 94-97 chevrolet 6.5 diesel’s lasting very long. the do and they are a good workhorse but not easily modded. and for the price you pay for a newer duramax i could buy 2-3 powerstrokes… yes ones that are here in the north country rot out brake lines ect. but almost every powerstroke i see has almost 200k or more. id prefer a newer duramax but they are not in my price range.