wanted! evap canister from 96+ honda

im looking to see if anyone has an obd2 evap/charcoal canister with the goodies attached that they have no use for. i know some guys remove them but i am trying to determine if mine is bad. not looking to spend much if anything on this but let me know what you have. I cant get one of my ready monitors to go away so i can pass inspection. please help.

What is the specific code for the test?

i dont have a code on for it thats the weird thing. i just cant pass because you need all but one readyness monitor to be clear and pass their checks during a drive cycle and the evap never clears and the same with one other but the other one is ocationally due to the map code 1128 from my turbo set up.

adam

How long has it been since you last reset the ECU? EVAP has specific times in which it actually completes the tests (coolant temp, air temp, tank level, etc) The EVAP test is essentially a leak down test for your fuel ventilation system. It checks if the system can hold pressure over time. EVAP is one of those things that can be stupid simple or a total fuckshow to deal with. You have the solenoid, the gas cap, the filler neck, the evap lines and the tank all in on this action.

thanks for the help. im just at the end of my rope with this. the car runs great and i cant seem to figure it out. the two ready monitiors will not clear. i have been driving for months trying to get this to clear.

you could piss on it.

orrr just keep tank above 3/4 or below a 1/4 and the monitor wont run therefore not throwin a code

oh and seein as your car is a 00 , your allowed 2 monitors not ran

there is no code comming on. if i can have two moitors run thats great.

im not going to get an obd2a ecu thats just a waste.

my o2 sensor is spaced out so thats not the issue.

your a waste.

You’re*

you’re quarters are a waste lol

88slomarrow thanks for the help. i passed no problem. My friend is an inspector/mechanic and he kept telling me i had to have all but one monitor cleared but the last two never seemed to go away. thanks for the insight and im all set now. this can be locked up.

no problem man , im a tech also soooo anytime help is needed hit me up