Wanted: Tips on passing emissions for SR

I will call BS on that too…

Darian passed “as a hotrod” without an 02… and without the carbon canister

He ran on 94 and did not use any “sure pass”

Kyle “minium” he passed without his Carbon Canister and just retarded his timing slightly because he failed the 1st time…

He ran on 91 and did not use any “sure pass”

NOW… Im in tight with an e-test dude… I have watched him make a car pass, then make the same car fail just by reving it 100rpm to high, or to low… 3/4 of ALL the etest shops either #1 Just take your money, #2 Do not know how to do the test proper “so why it fails with flying colours”

They have to go to school to learn how and pass the course to be able to do an E-Test. If you have an exhaust leak they will not test your car. And G if your car fails you only have so much time to get a retest. And if you fail all three times you have to get rid of your car. There are ways you can keep it but if it fails I think it is dead till its 20years old.

My uncles surpa failed and it has been sitting in a garage for the last 4 years.

who told you that ?

i’ve seen cars fail well over 4 times and not pass until the 6th test and never in one case were any of these cars pulled off the road…

in fact they had a rule/law whatever (not sure if it still applys)… that if you spent over x amount of dollars trying to justify the problem they will wave it…

you sir are an idiot

FUKK ETESTS!!!

the provincial government already said they wanted to phase them out.

its just a cash grab.

who gives a fukk if your car passes

im quite proud to say that my car is worse on emissions than anything you can buy off the lot. no cat, no egr, no nothing and it never will be.

as proof that it is a cash grab they will give your car a conditional pass if you SPEND ENOUGH money trying to fix it.

thats right, your car doesnt have to be emissions legal, you just have to spend enough.

thank you provincial government

Congradulations

*nods
*tips hat

Werd.

from the list that you have i think you will not have any issues passing. I passed my e-test on my sr with flying colours and all the emisions equipment removed. The only thing i had was a brand new cat and new o2 sensor and this was with a full 3 inch turbo back exhaust and i also ran the test as a stock ka. I also ran 94 octane mixed with methol which im sure helped a bit but if your motor is in good shape you WILL pass!

So yea…I passed. :cheers:

My #s:

Running:
HPC: 123 (Limit: 305)
CO %: 0.66 (Limit: 2.42)
NO ppm: 2531 (Limit: 3215)

Idle:
HPC: 268
CO %: 0.61
NO ppm: N/A

Under Hot-rod category though. My timing wasn’t proper and car was
running a bit hot (no fan - although they put one of those giant fans up
front which helped a bit).

congrats :wink:

maybe bing should take his car to CT for an etest next time

Sweet.

If they didnt treat you as a hot rod you’d be like 10x over the limit in NOx!

Congrats!

those numbers are farely low…if ure timing was done well ure NOx would be 15% of what they are…good job with the install…yes, passing ETEST is a very good way to justify a well installed motor.

Varun,

WTF?!?!?! i want a new engine.

Well, regardless of how the motor is installed, I’m sure it all comes down
to how well you take care of it and how you adjust some things.

Timing, plugs, cooling, etc. etc. The usual maintenance shit. :dunno:

Ah well, I’m just glad its over with. Hopefully no more headaches for now. :rofl:

why would you be proud of polluting?

http://www.son240sx.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?p=108591&highlight=#108591

http://www.son240sx.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?p=113155&highlight=#113155

you should all feel incredibley lucky you have such easy numbers to pass.

the cefiro with the big dirty I6 has to pass cleaner than a 1.6L civic. The ministry assigned the numbers and it was damn near impossible to pass.

first time around

limit’s thay gave it:
hc :58
co: .32
no: 652

reading
hc: 130
co:.42
no: 1237

Dereks’ 92 civic

LIMITS
hc:82
co: .45
NO:636

readings:
hc:14
co: .00
NO: 323

if i can get this motor to run that clean you ALL can get a sr to pass, i passes the car legally too.

dont you have egr though?

sorry i messed up what i was posting, passing numbers i listed were a copmparison i posted on GTRC to my civic (dereks now)

fixed now

the actual passing numbers were very similar to the passing civic numbers tho.

egr, hmm never actually looked.