Warranty Work ::RANT::

Looking for input from anyone here who has ever had warranty work done. Here is my situation. I dropped my car off 6-12-06 to be worked on, Turbos, CV’s, Caliper. I was told “Best case scenario 1 week, worst case 2 weeks” when I dropped it off. As of now the car has not been touched. And IT IS NOT the shop I took it to who is at fault, it is the warranty company, they still have not sent an adjuster out to look at the car so they can start working on it yet. I asked the shop manager if I should call an bitch to the warranty company, because I want too. He told me NO he said he will take care of everything. I still want to call and chew the warranty company a new asshole. And this is really pissing me off, I have been a while without any car of my own. I have been borrowing my Mom’s Husbands truck, but can’t get it until he gets home from work usually about 6:00, so on my days off from work I just sit in the house till 6. I had my winter beater stored at a friends house, and it got towed away by the city, so I have no transportation till 6 every day. Worst off I am invited to a family thing out of town for the 4th, and will have no way to get there, and I have a big family, that I enjoy getting to see when I can. So I was hoping that someone here on the board might have some input on the situation, if they have had this happen to them.

Similar case, not quite as long though.

I took my Alero to the dealer to get the fuel pump replaced, as the car would not run. That was on a Friday. The didn’t even touch the car until the following Tuesday. That was in January '05. I really didn’t want to walk to work in January, but I pretty much had to. :tdown:

Warranty companies suck, but if the dealer can get to work right away, that’s cool.

Did you even get a reason WHY the adjuster hasn’t come out yet?

All the shop keeps hearing is “He is close by and will stop in ASAP” that type of shit. Wish I could talk to them directly. Just want to hear exactly what kinda bullshit line they are going to try to feed me. Just wait keep fucking with me…because there is nothing I can do about it…or can I…no not really…or can I… this is really pissing me off.

i hate warranty companys who send adjusters, they r so fucking anal.(at my old work) i had a passat that had play in 8 control arms they would only replace 4 of them

2 weeks of being pushed around? Push back. Fuck the shop. They should be giving the warranty company hell themselves. They can’t do their work because of the warranty company. Call the warranty company and tell them you want their shit done by 5pm Thursday or else you’re calling the Buffalo Attorney General’s office to formally register a complaint and will pursue further legal actions as necessary.

^ call the news and BBB on top of that. :smiley:

:word:Tell them if it is not done asap you are calling the Attourney General’s office and Better Buisness Bureau. You will get results pretty quick…or else they get an investigation on their hands.

He says he is giving the warranty company hell. And they are really good guys at this shop so I am not going to do it unless he is OK with it. But if he says go ahead and call the warranty company… Should I give the warranty company a chance and call and threat, or just call the BBB and Buffalo Attorney General’s office, I like the thought of actually doing something instead of just threats.

It’s not a threat if you fully intend to follow through if they don’t comply. Give them a deadline and tell them you will seek third party involvement if they do not comply. They have had plenty of time to do right on their end and have failed so it’s time for you to start calling the shots.

should ahve brought it here we’re an authorized repair shop …

Oddly enough when I told everyone my turbo’s blew and asked them where to take it, nobody ever mentioned you guys and I never even thought to ask about you, all I heard was don’t take it to Schmitts, or Autohaus. Someone reccomended Premimum Auto, and also the place I took my car, but I am not going to post the shops name I took it to, because I think it may make them look bad, And I have been very happy with the shop so far, just want to kill the warranty people.

See if you can get action taken agaisnt the warranty company. Its not the shops fault.

I know that is what I have been saying the whole time. I hope nobody has got the wrong impression. I love the shop I took it to and have had nothing but a good vibe from them. It is the Warranty People that should be burned alive at the stake.

good call i probly would ahve gone the same route. Now ya know for future refrence :wink:

This is why aftermarket warranties are nearly worthless.

Now I am really at a loss for words. I called the warranty company to give them a piece of my mind, they say “No Claim has ever been filed” So now I have to figure out who is lying. Also the told me it would never have taken 3 weeks, they said “We would have an adjuster out in 48hrs, and only if we need to send one out, Most claims can be handled over the phone when the shop speaks with an adjuster.” So I am really confused here, anybody know what I should do. I have been calling the shop, they say they will call me back when he gets a free moment. I am worried, because either the shop is being lied to by the warranty company, the warranty company is lying to me, or worse. How do I threaten the warranty company when they don’t have a claim to look at.

sounds like the shop was bsing. they first said “NO NO NO don call them, let me take care of it”

Sounds like they have been bsing you from the getgo. but i could be wrong.

I hope you are wrong… I really got a good feeling about this shop, and have heard good things about it from other members.

members that work there lol.

And ““audios””