Was he racing or not?Silverado>740il

Went throught the tolls the other day and got on it to merge into traffic and noticed I was being caught up to by a bmw.Like all good Chevy truck owners w/ exhaust, I had to floor it.I had it floored until about 75 and had some distance on him when I let off and he flew by me.
It was a 740il or a 745 but pretty sure it was a 40.
My question is would my truck-04 Z-71 stepside shortbed,5.3,Filter,Reprogrammed computer,3.5 Corsas,4:10’s Win in this race?

Just got me thinking.
D

since his bmw probably weighs more than your truck then id say yes. yours is faster.lol

LOL yeah I know it sounds corny, as it’s my truck but I was just thinking.I think my truck is in the 4300lb range.He would still weigh more ya think?
D

google says the car weighs about the same. 4288

IIRC they didnt make a 745iL, only 740iL. (I know the 750 was not available in iL package in the US). And the 4.0 motor is a pig in most 740’s.

thats gotta be a big slap in the face when you buy a 75k+ bmw

But… but teh ultimate driving machine. :frowning:

And no it wouldn’t really be a slap as not everyone races their beamzor. It’s an image + refinement.

im still pretty young and certainly dont have the same mentality as someone who is middle aged and can afford a 7-series. maybe this guy came flying up on you and thought his car was hot shit and could just cruise on past you at half throttle :gotme:

Meh. My friends dad has a brand new 760 (V12). It moves real nice. If he lost to you though, hed probably just send guys to your house to break your legs though…

yea, we can all tell how young you are. Modified Chevy z71>740il luxo bimmer.:lol: Im pretty sure when someone purchases a 7series the last thing they are thinking is how well its gunna excellerate and take turns. More like how fast does the ac/heat work with the seats and climate control, etc.etc.

You must be a fbod owner.

Oooohhh, what a put down :wink:

That’s a pretty retarded statement don’t you think? I’m sure at no point this guy wish he had the truck because it got through the tolls quicker. Believe it or not, people purchase vehicles without caring about power, numbers, or skid pad ratings.

do you think a ferrari owner gets a “slap in the face” when he sees you hauling a sheet of dry wall? probably not.

the 7 series is not a “performancey” type bmw…

its a rich mans comfey whip. and there hott too!

truth. When I get beat in the Audi by a Civic with a big turbo, I am still driving an Audi and the other kid is still in a shit box. I highly doubt the guy in the BMW cares whether he can beat you or not.

You don’t buy a 7 series and try to own the streets with it.

LOL, i thought all cars were purchased with the 1320 in mind.:confused:

Yeah, but when you try to make your car faster, you’re playing the game of speed, which you lose at. Compare apples to apples. When you race, you race.

I’d laugh at a 745i because it’s ugly. You must have missed it, but there was probably some short guy in the back seat with sunglasses on…

I read this for the last few minutes and not sure how to take it?I don’t really want to make a comment and seem like a dick if I’m wrong and you’re just messing with me.But for the record I easily have over a Million dollars CLEAR in real estate,but love my little Z-71 and am hating on trading it in this summer even though that 08 Escalade EXT is calling.
The only reason I started this thread was I was curious who would win.
Now if I came on here and said I owned a 740 and what a retard he was for paying that much,These I could see some of these comments.
D

z-71 with minor mods (intake and exhaust) 1/4 Mile = 16.0 sec. @ 88.7mph

2002 BMW 745i, 14.60 s, 97.0 mph
2003 BMW 745li, 14.90 s, 97.0 mph

was this an older style 7 series or the current style? i don’t think a 740 was made in the current styling, that ended in 2000 i believe