Was there ever a SR20DET Auto transmission build?

G/f does not want to learn stick, so i cant do the 5spd swap. Im wondering if there ever was a Auto tranny made for the SR20DET’s? I searched the fourm but everyone is doing the 5spd swap. Basically what im asking is, is it possible to mount a SR20DET on the Stock Auto tranny on my 97 240sx SE?

im hoping there was so im not stuck buying another 240SX for myself

Yes they have automatic trannys for the SRs… (I’ve never seen one with my own eyes thou) because everyone wants 5spd…

BUT… since a KA/SR Tranny is the same, you could just use an Auto KA Tranny but you MUST use the SR Bell housing in order for it to bolt up to the block.

sweet thx, so there is still hope…

For the swap = yes
For you = NO

Don’t let you g/f tell you not to swap a 5speed.

For the swap = yes
For you = NO

Don’t let you g/f tell you not to swap a 5speed.[/quote]

yea, if she loves you she’ll understand

you can buy my auto trans sr when my silvia gets here and i rip that mutha out haha, sr’s and auto transmissons both garbage haha

For the swap = yes
For you = NO

Don’t let you g/f tell you not to swap a 5speed.[/quote]
Forreal dude. Unless your married, dump her ass. If you are married… divorce :smiley:

I have seen one chances are the importer still has it.

I talked to one guy that had a stock 200sx (sr20det + auto tranny)… so yeah, they made those and the swap is probably do-able… I don’t see why not. Just get the auto ECU instead of the 5spd. ecu and you should be good to go…

So do you get your balls back on weekends or are they on permanent lock-down?

You can make it work, but you wil forever be known as the wuss with the auto SR.

sr auto? thats embarassing.

but i have seen a few of them on FA before and Zilvia.

Quick release testicles.

On a serious note… You’re the man, act like one. Put her in her place and be like “listen woman, I don’t tell you what kind of iron to buy, i dont tell you what kind of goddam pots and pans to buy, so dont tell me what kind of car to buy, not get in the bedroom and start making babies!”

Quick release testicles.

On a serious note… You’re the man, act like one. Put her in her place and be like “listen woman, I don’t tell you what kind of iron to buy, i dont tell you what kind of goddam pots and pans to buy, so dont tell me what kind of car to buy, not get in the bedroom and start making babies!”[/quote]

Unless it’s her car… ?

It’s his.

The only way an auto is acceptable is if you have an all out drag car.

maybe they cant afford another car and he really wants an SR but his wife jst cant drive manual and needs to drive it sometimes ? if the guy doesnt mind auto i dont see why not, not everyone prefers to shifts gears, i actually find it annoying when im tired

Actually its when you’re a war-amp and don’t have the arms or feet to shift gears.