Waste of time and $.

Im sure it varies on driver, condition of the car, etc… i have also seen a K&N filter/ nitto DR auto LT1 camaro go 13.9 otherwise it was stock.

Who was driving, Christopher? :D… <3 chrissy

I might part with a 346 ls1 that puts down ~450 wheel for the right price… it has afr 205’s on it…pm me if needed :slight_smile:

I have also seen a bone stock M6 TA go 12.8 on stock tires…but hey…LT1s are junk we all agree.

lol actually i only ran chris on my first boost set up but lenny who owned it before him ran a few gsr cars and where all in the same area. Not sure how beat that car was but hung with other lt1 cars then.

Wow to think lt1 and gsr cars used to be sick fast.

LOL the guy i bought my car off of went 12.9 @ 108 stock with only nittos, i have the old slip… i wish i could drive the bitch like that…

And Bill, yeah the good old days, i think i had more fun with slow cars back then.

and toda was fast…

opps

Car looks good nelstoys. That MSD Opdi is a nice piece… for what it is.

Did a 13.76 @102 with a K&N Filter and Stock Firestone Firehawks with mine (completely stock otherwise)… Raced Howie in his Jeep when I did it too; and someone here has it on video.

i knew as soon as i saw the LT1 that all of the younguns (not exclusively referring to age…) would go apeshit over the LS1.

i guess it was impossible to go fast from 1965 to 1996 :shrug:

:roll:

Brian

Im sure the same shit happened when it went from TPI -> LT1

you mean '97…

and I agree completely…

I’d argue with that

LS1 was introduced in 1997 in the Corvette…unless your refering to strictly F-bods

Why do you have to drag me into this?

High 11’s are crap huh? I’m sure an 11.72 would put me into some nice company here on nyspeed. That was well over a year ago, my cars a little quicker now :wink: .How many LS1 cars on here run 11’s? Not capable of, I mean HAVE ACTUALLY DONE IT? Oh, and how many are N/A that have done it? Are there any on here? I can think of cougarspeed, and studderin, any more? You were .1-.2 OFF OF MY 1/8th mile times. You were a half second off of my 1/4 mile times (which is about 10 car lengths :wink: , or 2 buses, take your pick). Your car was all about the first 300-400 feet, then it fell flat on its face and everyone that you out-60 footed started gaining fast. I’ll give you this, your car got every ounce of its power down to the ground, no doubt. But your 110mph trap, showed the true power of your car. No way it was going to run an 11, even though you tried a zillion times. You always discount your car when you talk about it, like it’s some ordinary plain jane LS1 with a few bolt-ons, when actually it is a gutted 3000lb, well set up car, with a big stall. Then you talk about my car like it’s some hairy all out drag car or something. I put a “built auto” (as you put it) in it, because I broke 2 4L’s. It doesn’t make my car any faster, it is simply stronger. I put a spooled rear in it, because spools are stronger than posi’s and I rarely drive the car. How much ET reduction do you think a car will get with “slicks/skinnies”? Um…not much. Maybe .05, maybe .10 if it had some extremely heavy wheels on it.

Then you always chime in on everyone’s LS1 thread when these guys all go to the track. None of these guys ,jt76, 9c1ny, psychopjv, etc… have there cars set up for the track like you did. Then you bust out your famous, my bolt-on car ran, blah, blah, blah, when they post up their 12 second slips. Put any one of their motors in your car and it would certainly hit that elusive 11 that you never did. Or put your motor into one of their M6 cars, and watch you struggle to hit a 12.99.

You don’t even own the car anymore so why do you always feel the need to post up about it?

I see it as any thing can be fast,doesnt matter what engine it is.Its all on how you set it up and how much cash you want to put into it.Alot of peolple just throw mismatched parts at them and expect the to be fast.If you really want to think of it cars that run 11s arnt that fast at all.I feel my 7.5 car is pretty slow,but its as fast as i can afford to go right now.

wah wah wah

don’t be mad you modded a shitty motor and had to write a full page response defending the pos

I’m not mad at all. I love the fact that i’m supposed to be the underdog. There’s no way an LT1 can beat an LS1, lol, it’s impossible.

LZ.Now we all know what happened to chokos engine.If they were that great it wouldnt of blown up.

:picard: <—this whole thread

This is NYSpeed. Nothing will beat an LS1.

I still personally think K20 > all :lol: