Waste of time and $.

if i threw iron at you, it would hurt more than if i threw aluminum at you.
that is my basis

i agree. main design is superior for one thing.

if you are a track guy though, nothing beats a BBC

any relevant relationship to combustion engines?

Oh man I think this thread calls for the gif picard…

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d50/Shockwave179/professor_and_maryann.gif?t=1225335614

iron is stronger and denser? i do not have my reference table handy
so iron can handle more

so the guys running aluminum c5r, world warhawk 6 bolt aluminum blocks, erl aluminum sleeved blocks, mid darton sleeved aluminum blocks billit aluminum dart bbc and sbc etc etc would have been better off going with their iron counterparts?

this goes for most engines. iron is just more economical in comparison for strength. if you are comparing stock iron lt1 block with 2 bolt mains and thin waterjackets vs stock aluminum ls1 blocks with 6 bolt mains which utilize the block itself, but thin sleeves, you’d see that, correct me if im wrong, but lt1’s using STOCK DESIGN (2 bolt mains, no block fill, etc) will make it to what, maybe 600hp, while the other is making it to 1000hp in general…

this isn’t an LS1 vs LT1 debate, its an aluminum vs iron debate. i chose iron because it was within my budget.

truly sorry to shit on the OPs thread

i was joking. as when i said if i hit u in the head with iron it would hurt more. you obviously know more than me?

lol

looks pretty even to me… i wonder who paid more for parts

ps. they are arguing the same thing in the comments

So when does it get Pin stripes?

The honeycombs off the newer trans ams. or stock left side and filler panel.

This one is going to be solid color, dont know which color yet.

I hate the hood, it may change.

Does not mention what size cam eiether car is running… find me a cam only LT1 in this area to run my Cam only Ls1 and lets see what happens. My guess is that the LS1 had a pussy 22X/22X cam and the LT1 had a big donkey dick cam, thats the only way this is going down. Even so, the Ls1 took a shit after the race, prob wasnt in the best condition?

FWIW my car is a 231/237 cam & exhaust m6 with shitty 853 casting stock heads will probably be a good run for any of the H/C LT1’s in this area… from a roll of course, because we all know how i cant launch the car :mamoru:… I cant wait until next year when hopefully i can get some runs in with the LT1 guys, didnt run into any of them this year (besides crazylt1’s supercharged car).
EDIT: My friend with the red Z28 is going with a 233/239 cam in the spring, he would also be a good match for some of the LT1 guys, its basically an updated version of my cam with better mid range.

Who gives a shit! There’s nothing wrong with an LT1. It’s a decent motor, heck they used it in the Roadmasters and Impalas which I feel are the best road trip cars. The LS1 are a better motor, but whenever I go to they race track, I’m not too impressed. They are very few LS motors that run good times. I think it’s due to driver error cause nobody can drive an LS motor car well.

Thats because people think sticks are fast, thats why the times lack.
Ls1 plus a turbo or a powerglide would be sex on the timeslip.
People are caught in all this 6 speed hooplah.
The cheapest power to be built is in a gen1 350 or an old school big block.
You sacrafice all your fuel economy tho.

nice toy for the money. when are you going to have time to drive it between all of your other cars?

http://www.ent.chpass.com/~mshadow/LS1reaterLT1copy.jpg

Im driving it all winter. Not in the snow but on dryer days. or at least untill its paninted. Im thinking a house of kolor dark burgandy.

this isn’t the case at all. i can speak for most of the ls1 m6 guys here when i say WE KNOW AN AUTO IS FASTER AT THE TRACK. no shit, you act like you know all the secrets. WE DON’T CARE!!! we enjoy driving our cars in the street and AUTOS ARE BORING IN OUR OPINIONS !! :gotme:

You play with the stick as much as you can :mamoru: