Watchmen Movie

http://watchmenmovie.warnerbros.com/

I saw this trailer when I saw Batman. I was totally intrigued. then as luck would have it, my Mom’s BF has the Graphic Novel. So now I am reading it. Now after viewing the trailer again, all I can say is this movie is going to fucking rock! So far the movie seems like it’s staying true to the Novel.

If you haven’t read anything in awhile, pick up this Graphic Novel. Well worth it. A bit confusing at first but it get’s good towards the end.

Spoken like a true illustrator haha

Whats a Novel???. LOL
I will have to check it out. I watched the trailer at Batman and wasn’t sure what it was all about.

I finished the Novel last night, what a crazy ending. A must read!!! Definitely worth it!

Just an update, they released some kick ass pics from the film, can’t wait for it’s release!

http://chicago.metromix.com/movies/photogallery/watchmen-photos/518738/content

More updates, looks like the film’s release in March is going to happen so long as Fox doesn’t win the trial. And the film is going to be 2 hours and 43 minutes long. Which the Director is fighting for not to get cut up. I can totally understand why this film needs the longer time. THose who read the Novel will understand.

LOS ANGELES — One bit of good news for “Watchmen,” the Warner Brothers superhero movie whose future has been clouded by a lawsuit from 20th Century Fox: The judge thinks it is hot.

Court papers filed by Fox on Monday seeking to split the case into separate phases for liability and damages included the transcript of an earlier hearing in which the federal judge Gary A. Fees said he had already seen a trailer for the film and liked it “a lot.”

But Judge Fees cautioned Warner’s marketers not to over-hype. “There’s always a risk that if you get one of these very evocative trailers, you put pressure on the movie,” Judge Fees said.

Judicial advice notwithstanding, Zack Snyder, the film’s director, on Wednesday showed nearly 30 minutes of the film to about 60 journalists and others in Los Angeles. The screening, at a studio lot in West Hollywood, was to be followed by similar sessions in London and New York.

“Watchmen” is based on a graphic novel by Alan Moore and illustrated by Dave Gibbons, about the tawdry life of superheroes who have fallen from grace.

The scenes on display Wednesday spared nothing when it comes to the messy side of the super life. One scene in the R-rated film has an unclothed pair of heroes lounging in their high-powered “Owl Ship” after a love-making session. Another focused on the gore-spattered ceiling left behind by some super-action.

In all, the scenes gave a much deeper look at the film than did the extended trailer Mr. Snyder showed at the Comic-Con comics and fantasy convention in San Diego last summer. Indeed, a 12-minute credits sequence retold American history from the 1930s to the 1970s, as if heroes — good, and not so — had driven the action.

“They’re all broken,” Mr. Snyder said in explaining his lead characters to the group. One of the more pressing questions from the gathered journalists and fans had to do with the possibility — devotees would say “threat” — of sequels. Mr. Snyder said there would be none, or, at least, none with him involved.

The movie’s running time, he said, was currently a very long 2 hours 43 minutes, a length he intends to defend against any pressure for cuts. Asked about the Fox litigation, Mr. Snyder said: “If they wanted to come and stop us, I guess they would. But they haven’t yet.”

In its suit, filed in federal court here, Fox has claimed that it owns underlying rights to the graphic novel on which Warner and its partners, Legendary Pictures and Paramount Pictures, based their film. Warner has strongly disputed those claims.

The film is set for release on March 6, but Fox is seeking to block the release. A trial in the case is scheduled to begin on Jan. 6.

Judge Fees has said release of the film would probably be blocked if Fox were to prevail at the trial. “If they win,” he said at a hearing last month, “they’re going to get an injunction, in all likelihood.”

This is going to be awesome!

Did you read the Novel Louis?